Author Topic: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜  (Read 331740 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2019, 09:48:29 PM »
Hey Smoogsley.  Do you drive long distances, or mostly locally?  Glad you have the disability insurance.  I'm sorry you were injured but at least you get a break.

I think I'm in the minority of people who don't really care for the various SNL spinoffs, if you can call them that.  Didn't care much for 30 Rock, and P&R was about as dull to me.  I liked the Office, but found it missed some of the more angst ridden, self deprecating humor that Ricky Gervais specialized in (the David Bowie episode being a particularly gruesome example of that).  Steve Carel seems like a lovely person, but his humor sort of grated on me after a while, and I say this as someone who recently listened to Stewart Lee imitating a cat having diarhea for 5 minutes.  That was hard to listen to, but given the many other times he's had me in stitches, I put up with it. 

The Flight of the Conchords was a little more endearing, despite the increasing participation of SNL cast members.  I missed that show, but maybe it was because I used to live in that neighborhood and enjoyed seeing the local street scenes.

As for "white panic" I'm not sure what that means, except for what others might call "first world problems."  The one 5 minute excerpt from Modern Family I watched seemed to revolve around what kind of food they should serve for a gathering.  It was hardly funny although I guess I was supposed to see it as such.  I have white FB friends who are so obsessed with racial inequality (which I see as a real problem, but not one I want to hear about 24/7) that I find myself just skipping half their posts because that's all they can talk about.  The daily serving of rage and venting of spleen on there is sort of oppressive. 

And on the other hand, I have one family member who is so racist that I've had to hide his feed from my posts because I just couldn't take it any more.  Well, I've gone on for much longer than I intended to, sorry.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2019, 10:02:46 PM »
I drive to KC, MO 3 times a week. Stay in a hotel there. Really like it. Only tricky part is driving through St. Louis. You just have to time it right.
Fortunately, I don't have any racist family members. Have/had a couple racist ex in-laws though.
I saw Bea still participates on here. Hope she is well also. Hope she will hop in here in next few days. Anyway, gonna hit play button and finish watching 'Guardian Of The Galaxy 2'. See ya around.  :)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:36:53 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2019, 04:08:23 PM »
So, we had a positively bless'ed vindictive level of Apartheid education in high school. I figured at the time it was prep for the real world, why reparations doesn't work, that kind of poo.

Turns out it was aimed at a specific locale, Rancho Santa Fe. I'm learning this a good 16 years on, but their dirty little secret is apartheid stash money.

Not entirely surprising, they always were stepford ass weirdos, racist to the bone, and horrible customers to boot. Still, nice to know NOW, wish it hadn't been a secret then. Maybe I could have dropped a few required units. I lived in the ghetto in Cardiff, and a retirement community in Encinitas.

Worked near RSF, always thought they were assholes. Nice Target though.

Always found it amusing that a gang area near a freeway onramp was called Cardiff.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2019, 07:38:02 PM »
<something><something> I win. <something>
--dweez

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2019, 12:21:36 PM »
^win

Six, I wholeheartedly agree about Facebook.  You have this way of describing things where if feels like reading a book, and the subject matter to boot.  Regarding FB, I just remove anyone who sputter racist memes, look passed the ignorance, and snooze the unruly or over emotional.  So, in turn, I'm left with me and a buncha people like me laughing and sharing art :)

8ullyman, I would love to sit and talk with you, mainly listen about all your inner city, big city experience.  .I am really just a country bumkin now, just born in Illinois. 

Hey schmoogs. :)

Also wanted to inform everyone I've been handling a lot of stress thanks to my mother recently, and I am handling it well.  Its possible I may have to go without a phone for just a few weeks while I get moved, but I have 3 jobs, working on a fourth so I can replace myself at this liquor store and have every afternoon with my kids.
I'll see you all soon. 🖤

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2019, 11:36:56 PM »
^won ;)
So,came to say I have a new phone, and I'll be around 🖤

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2019, 01:14:32 AM »
Onward and upward, Bea.  I'm glad to hear of the new phone and even more pleased to hear that you'll be on more often.  I've been dealing with the fun of fractured foot bone and limping around.  One never really knows how important being able to walk is until it's made very difficult.

I'm watching Preacher in the evenings.  It's pretty entertaining.   Another good 8ully suggestion.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2019, 04:44:38 PM »
Yep, just sailing the waves true.  Thanks Six
Its awful to think of you injured, to start with.  But picturing you unable to take a walk is close to heartbreaking, I pray a full recovery, lady <3
In my times of child bearing I had many difficulties walking towards the ends when my ankles were no longer.  I was pretty miserable just to lose the everyday capabilities you realize you take for granted.  Vowed to wait till my toddlers grew before I'd ever skate again.  Thought to myself how it could be trying to keep after babes with bum ankles or wrists.
Also happy to report I have since recovered and am at a very healthy weight.  I will attempt to skate again by this year's end. I also home exercise, do yoga, and go to the gym as well as hiking.  My daughter is a fan of all of it.  She has taken martial arts once, and is very talented at mastering the gym and physical activities automatically according to her abilities. Proud of my little troopers <3
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 04:48:55 PM by Beatrix »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2019, 12:00:37 AM »
I'm glad that your children are blooming as they grow, Bea.  They must be a real source of joy for you.

I hope if 8ully checks in he'll know that we are all thinking of him.  Sorry you are dealing with these health issues.

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2019, 11:42:42 AM »
I can't believe I'm reading unread posts from March! Damn I've been busy.

Still busy but I think I can see a faint glow way down the other end of the tunnel.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #175 on: July 04, 2019, 01:03:33 AM »
I can't believe I'm reading unread posts from March! Damn I've been busy.

Still busy but I think I can see a faint glow way down the other end of the tunnel.

grab it whilst you can

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #176 on: July 04, 2019, 02:06:15 AM »
No leaf clover is my favorite Metallica song.

This says it's in HD, but they're lying.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 02:07:57 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2019, 11:42:27 AM »
Hey people :) I've been off grid a bit with switching phones, working, and keeping my mom's house in the family.  I'll tell ya details later. For now, gotta get to work and I wanted to let yas know that I'm exchanging this phone one last time for another.  It's ordered and will be here Thursday for me to put it on a plan.  Don't miss me too much, I go a few days think of you guys and run for the fora, so the feeling will be mutual.  Talk to you then. 🤗💚👾

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2019, 12:27:44 AM »
Hi Bea.  Hope the phone thing gets resolved.  It's nice to see you on here.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2019, 02:16:35 AM »
eh, keeping the house can often be more trouble than it's worth, everyone wants "their" share, and of course, theirs is always larger than reality.

I'm sorry you're in that level of muck, I'll never do it again. Hopefully your new phone will both surpass and improve your experience over the old one.

Sorry you're in the muck, hopefully it will drain away soon.