Author Topic: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜  (Read 332127 times)

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
Re: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2019, 02:04:30 PM »
Hello too Six,  I was checking on everyone with my friends phone here.  My phone is now scheduled to come in Monday, therefore it won’t be too much into next week and you’ll see me back : )
Worry not 8ully, I’m not showing my hand or putting any money into that sugar pot.  I stay now for the sake of my daughter having the same home and school.  Taking my son to the park today, we’ve been out of the heat.
I trust my roommate and I’ll leave when I’m ready.  Feeling confident in my abilities as of late.  Good to hear from you🌊

Online 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2019, 01:40:39 PM »
I want to get organized, but I need a filing cabinet.

I measured the desk space, and then headed to goodwill. They always have a crapload of filing cabinets in the back.

They had none today. :(

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2019, 07:06:28 AM »
Around here, people often give away filing cabinets on Freecycle, craigslist or Nextdoor.  Have you checked those?  I'm not sure how active those groups are in your area, but it's remarkable what people will give you.  Freecycle is often a good source as you can ask if you don't see an offer and people will respond.

I'm debating whether to go back to sleep or just throw in the towel and wake up for real.

Online 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2019, 11:06:30 AM »
I used to have a skateboard I kept around for moving large things, I no longer have it or a car, so Goodwill has essentially become my one stop shop.

Thank you for reminding me of those options though.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2019, 12:12:49 AM »
Got my new phone in.  Also started by new job this weekend.  Little bartending in a nice town with few people, the people have been nice and the tips are good. So, still working two jobs.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2019, 12:56:04 AM »
Glad to hear about the phone and hope that means you'll be on here more.  It's nice to see you, Bea.  Good luck with the new job.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2019, 09:58:28 AM »
Yes, I'll be on more.  Just been very busy this summer, roommates and moms insanity finally held at bay.  She has taken up staying in illinois and collecting rent, so I have the place to myself despite her ownership.  I dont mind paying the money to have it this way.

Online 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2019, 06:55:31 PM »
Roommate's computer just got bricked by Windows Update and mine is at 40% downloaded.

This may be a bon voyage situation, so I thought I'd post.

golly windows update.

Wow, now actions are taking forever, and the task bar is white, and I can't change it. (I previously had it blue. RIP XP!)

What a fantastic addition to the real windows lifestyle. Or whatever the poo they're calling it.

[UPDATE: I finally got my computer to stop emulating a space heater, I made a thread about it over in computer]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 10:54:51 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2019, 10:18:27 PM »
I still haven't replaced my iMac.  I'm working with this lame little MacbookAir.  The keyboard and trackpad are awful.  It's able to do stuff.  It's lightweight and portable.  The HD is relatively small.

But it works.  And that's a whole lot better than no computer at all.  I'm just waiting to see how the money situation shakes out before I take the plunge.  Maybe I should go on a game show and see if I can win enough to replace it.  Has anyone ever been on a game show?  There's a woman at my school who went on Wheel of Fortune.  She won a bit of money and decided to go into accounting so she'd be better able to figure out how best to make it work for her.

Online 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2019, 11:03:39 PM »
The SEALS are invading the poo out of Coronado right now.

Reminds me of the people who complain about airport noise after they buy a home near an airport.

But they've got choppers, machine guns, I think they're even having jets strafe by. Honestly, I think they're intentionally wrecking barrels, the sustained fire is epic.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2019, 02:48:47 AM »
The Navy can be noisy.  I can remember on Saturday afternoons in Annapolis, they'd let them out of the Academy in their dress whites.  The streets looked like there was a blizzard of young men.

I tried to steer clear of them.  Apparently sometimes marines go to the Academy for their education.  I don't think there is a separate academy for marines.  Annapolis isn't that large.  A few guys in white suits can make a big impact.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2019, 05:16:02 AM »
8ully, just get a cheap cellphone, and never fall off please.  I'd hate not hearing from ya.  My Dell is still working, just no cable and I never bought the wifi piece..  cheap girl was.
School and therapies have started.  I'm on about 4 part time/seasonal jobs.  Sorry I've been absent.

Online 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2019, 03:23:09 PM »
You can get wifi adapters pretty cheap, I think I paid $15 for mine. It was some logistics thing where target wanted you to order online then pick up in-store.

Or it was attempted brainwashing to get me to do that. I haven't shopped at target since, SUCKAS!

Something keeps exploding nearby. Well, "keeps" being "twice" and then there is a three second power outage. I've got $15 in cash which is earmarked for bus money, but I may need to buy an ice chest and fill it with drinks.

2011 was no joke, that outage SUCKED.

I used to just play roms on my PSP, but the PSP I have now blocks roms. :(

[6:24 UPDATE]

Power is fine. Still, dang. I went and bought some soda. No ice chest tho. I used to have a really nice one :(   It was from the pre-cheap everything days. It had thickass walls and a solid lid. I don't think I own anything as solid as that cooler was.

Grandma sold it at a garage sale to be a madam. I am so glad she is on the East Coast.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 07:26:13 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2019, 12:51:18 AM »
Check freecycle or craigslist.  I expect you can get one cheap or free on there.

Hope your bus ride works out.

Online 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2019, 02:08:31 AM »
that was yesterday, but thank you.

Case worker was a bit of a madam, but eventually agreed with me. See, my deal was I had to ride in to see the therapist. He's ground floor.

Case management is 2nd floor.

I got there an hour early, and decided "golly it, I'll do this month's mandatory check in."

He did the computer thing to look at my appointment schedule, I told him about the cancelled main appt, and how I'm actually glad for it. (Gives me more time on the endoscopy).

He said he feels sick and needs to go home, I said I hope you feel better man. (I had a fever all day, but nobody gives a poo)

Elevator ride down, worthless therapy session where he wants me to get out more. Then Moooore Bussssss.

Specifically, I mentioned that when I day sleep, My mom is bless'ed terrified that I might die. I get it, I saw dad's "naps" and it really is scary, we both look dead when we sleep.

He wants me to essentially pack a lunch and wander. And because of this horseshit, I'm bringing mom next time. Maybe I'm articulating things poorly, and she can break the ice.