Author Topic: Last Person to Speak Wins! 第四部曲  (Read 199955 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
Re: Last Person to Speak Wins! 第四部曲
« Reply #3600 on: August 15, 2019, 12:51:18 AM »
Check freecycle or craigslist.  I expect you can get one cheap or free on there.

Hope your bus ride works out.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Human
« Reply #3601 on: August 15, 2019, 02:08:31 AM »
that was yesterday, but thank you.

Case worker was a bit of a madam, but eventually agreed with me. See, my deal was I had to ride in to see the therapist. He's ground floor.

Case management is 2nd floor.

I got there an hour early, and decided "golly it, I'll do this month's mandatory check in."

He did the computer thing to look at my appointment schedule, I told him about the cancelled main appt, and how I'm actually glad for it. (Gives me more time on the endoscopy).

He said he feels sick and needs to go home, I said I hope you feel better man. (I had a fever all day, but nobody gives a poo)

Elevator ride down, worthless therapy session where he wants me to get out more. Then Moooore Bussssss.

Specifically, I mentioned that when I day sleep, My mom is bless'ed terrified that I might die. I get it, I saw dad's "naps" and it really is scary, we both look dead when we sleep.

He wants me to essentially pack a lunch and wander. And because of this horseshit, I'm bringing mom next time. Maybe I'm articulating things poorly, and she can break the ice.

just one little time change so a draft board in 1968 turns down the bribe to accept "bone spurs" and we are home-free.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3602 on: August 15, 2019, 09:05:29 PM »
Yeah, individual space is important.  So best to do it by yourself, as well, the packing a lunch and wandering.  I go out by myself often, just run through a state park, although I'm rather spoiled to having my car to get there and a pass.  Lots of times I just find water and go sit by it, I'm sure if there were more to do I'd find it.
Work is going well.  Although I'm working seven days a week I still have three afternoons with the children.   Roommate is going smoothly, we have made good friends and his two daughter and myself and mine are all fond of each other.  They are helpful with my daughters social life and enthusiasm to learn.  Also the new sitter is working out great.
I'll talk again soon. Worked a double, I'm getting in bed to play an app game... let's see what its called.. I dont even know. I started with exiled kingdoms, now I'm on saga of survival, not sure if itll ever end. . Ha, but I play for about 40 minutes and can't keep my eyes open, so, win win. Peace & ♡

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
« Reply #3603 on: August 16, 2019, 01:15:40 AM »
8ully, I once had a roommate who would sleep through a loud alarm clock in the next bedroom and I'd stumble i groggy attempting to figure out how to turn it off.  I'd be asking her in a reasonably loud voice how to turn it off and she remained asleep to the point that I actually wondered if she had died.  She didn't.  She was just a sound sleeper.  It's good to get out and explore the world on your own.

Bea, I'm glad to hear you have improved living situations and a genial roommate.  I totally get the fatigue from working.  And you have, what, 4 part time jobs?  I'm sure that will keep you hopping.  It's nice to hear about you and what you are up to.  I just finished a writing job and will start classes next week.  Have to travel a bit on family business too, so I got the fun of going to the TSA Precheck people where they seem to do a thriving business checking people's urine for drugs, too.  Employers, high school athletes, who knew?  They were nice.  Took our fingerprints and passports, another photo not smiling.  That was hard as we started cracking up.  Oh well.  I'm going to watch some mindless tv now.  Take care.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Human
« Reply #3604 on: August 19, 2019, 12:15:51 AM »
I crave the matrix. Yeah, nobody gets heaven level happiness, but you get a decent life, job in an air conditioned cubicle. Hell, you don't even have to deal with competition, there could be 5000 people in your cubicle on different server shards.

So long as you never wake up as a nightmare baby with a spinal link (GROSS)  You just have a somewhat shitty, 1990's existence.

I'd gladly trade that for this burning screaming world.
just one little time change so a draft board in 1968 turns down the bribe to accept "bone spurs" and we are home-free.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
« Reply #3605 on: August 20, 2019, 03:03:43 AM »
I never got the people as batteries thing.  WTF?  Sounds expensive as you have to spend money on nutrients to keep them alive.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Human
« Reply #3606 on: August 20, 2019, 05:10:04 PM »
Studio mandate. Originally they were a co-processor used to maintain the matrix and whatever it is the robots do in the grim dark future. The nutrient paste is implied to be watered down people, they make a joke about shredded wheat. I guess they got past the cannibalism problem.

The video game Path of neo was pretty good, you even get little asides where 8 bit representations of the Wachowski's explain either problems with the original script, or why a certain scene has been rewritten because while it made sense in the movie, it would be boring in a game.

The prior game title, enter the matrix, let you access cheat codes in the form of dos commands. I had already forgotten everything I knew about dos commands, so it was frustrating to go back to that. Both games were better than the sequels.

Honestly, the sequels seemed to be in search of a meaning that eluded the Wachowski's, and it really showed.

OH WHAT THE poo! RIGHT AFTER I POSTED THIS, MATRIX 4 WERE DECLARED.

Also it's starring a lot of people who are dead in the series, that's... weird.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 05:18:50 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #3607 on: August 30, 2019, 07:16:52 PM »
Hm.  Matrix 4 though, I could get into that. 
Six, I'm glad you are traveling now too, something you seemed to have enjoyed often :) very good to hear. 
Your husband sounds fun ♡
I've been working 4 part time jobs, yes, but the seasonal work is slowing down and I dropped a night at the resturaunt/bar so I'm home almost every afternoon now.  I'll also only be looking for day shift and nights, it's all about the kids ♡♡

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
« Reply #3608 on: September 04, 2019, 08:30:55 PM »
My husband is particularly fun and a generally all round good guy.  Funny thing about the TSA Precheck application.  I was approved in 2 days.  He's still waiting.  We've already come and gone.  Had to take our shoes off at the airport.  Oh well.  I've experienced worse.

I'm sure the kids are fun.  I never had the pleasure.  I've had to borrow them from other people, but it's great to play and they've always been glad to have babysitters.  Right now, I don't have much energy but I think it's because I'm battling a mild cold.