Author Topic: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜  (Read 331869 times)

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
Re: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2019, 09:05:29 PM »
Yeah, individual space is important.  So best to do it by yourself, as well, the packing a lunch and wandering.  I go out by myself often, just run through a state park, although I'm rather spoiled to having my car to get there and a pass.  Lots of times I just find water and go sit by it, I'm sure if there were more to do I'd find it.
Work is going well.  Although I'm working seven days a week I still have three afternoons with the children.   Roommate is going smoothly, we have made good friends and his two daughter and myself and mine are all fond of each other.  They are helpful with my daughters social life and enthusiasm to learn.  Also the new sitter is working out great.
I'll talk again soon. Worked a double, I'm getting in bed to play an app game... let's see what its called.. I dont even know. I started with exiled kingdoms, now I'm on saga of survival, not sure if itll ever end. . Ha, but I play for about 40 minutes and can't keep my eyes open, so, win win. Peace & ♡

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #196 on: August 16, 2019, 01:15:40 AM »
8ully, I once had a roommate who would sleep through a loud alarm clock in the next bedroom and I'd stumble i groggy attempting to figure out how to turn it off.  I'd be asking her in a reasonably loud voice how to turn it off and she remained asleep to the point that I actually wondered if she had died.  She didn't.  She was just a sound sleeper.  It's good to get out and explore the world on your own.

Bea, I'm glad to hear you have improved living situations and a genial roommate.  I totally get the fatigue from working.  And you have, what, 4 part time jobs?  I'm sure that will keep you hopping.  It's nice to hear about you and what you are up to.  I just finished a writing job and will start classes next week.  Have to travel a bit on family business too, so I got the fun of going to the TSA Precheck people where they seem to do a thriving business checking people's urine for drugs, too.  Employers, high school athletes, who knew?  They were nice.  Took our fingerprints and passports, another photo not smiling.  That was hard as we started cracking up.  Oh well.  I'm going to watch some mindless tv now.  Take care.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2019, 12:15:51 AM »
I crave the matrix. Yeah, nobody gets heaven level happiness, but you get a decent life, job in an air conditioned cubicle. Hell, you don't even have to deal with competition, there could be 5000 people in your cubicle on different server shards.

So long as you never wake up as a nightmare baby with a spinal link (GROSS)  You just have a somewhat shitty, 1990's existence.

I'd gladly trade that for this burning screaming world.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2019, 03:03:43 AM »
I never got the people as batteries thing.  WTF?  Sounds expensive as you have to spend money on nutrients to keep them alive.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2019, 05:10:04 PM »
Studio mandate. Originally they were a co-processor used to maintain the matrix and whatever it is the robots do in the grim dark future. The nutrient paste is implied to be watered down people, they make a joke about shredded wheat. I guess they got past the cannibalism problem.

The video game Path of neo was pretty good, you even get little asides where 8 bit representations of the Wachowski's explain either problems with the original script, or why a certain scene has been rewritten because while it made sense in the movie, it would be boring in a game.

The prior game title, enter the matrix, let you access cheat codes in the form of dos commands. I had already forgotten everything I knew about dos commands, so it was frustrating to go back to that. Both games were better than the sequels.

Honestly, the sequels seemed to be in search of a meaning that eluded the Wachowski's, and it really showed.

OH WHAT THE poo! RIGHT AFTER I POSTED THIS, MATRIX 4 WERE DECLARED.

Also it's starring a lot of people who are dead in the series, that's... weird.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 05:18:50 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2019, 07:16:52 PM »
Hm.  Matrix 4 though, I could get into that. 
Six, I'm glad you are traveling now too, something you seemed to have enjoyed often :) very good to hear. 
Your husband sounds fun ♡
I've been working 4 part time jobs, yes, but the seasonal work is slowing down and I dropped a night at the resturaunt/bar so I'm home almost every afternoon now.  I'll also only be looking for day shift and nights, it's all about the kids ♡♡

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2019, 08:30:55 PM »
My husband is particularly fun and a generally all round good guy.  Funny thing about the TSA Precheck application.  I was approved in 2 days.  He's still waiting.  We've already come and gone.  Had to take our shoes off at the airport.  Oh well.  I've experienced worse.

I'm sure the kids are fun.  I never had the pleasure.  I've had to borrow them from other people, but it's great to play and they've always been glad to have babysitters.  Right now, I don't have much energy but I think it's because I'm battling a mild cold.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2019, 10:15:48 AM »
An utterly preventable tragedy.

My mom has a bedside table, and obviously she puts drinks on it. This table has a drawer where she stores her phone, charge cables, e-cig (gross) and important appointment cards. Also wifi password bright orange envelope. (She really likes the bright orange wifi password)

When she has me bring her things, like say, a glass of water, I close the drawer. She yells at me for this, typically "Don't mess with my stuff!"

So the drawers natural state is half pulled out, kind of like a cubby.

Well, it finally happened, she dumped a glass of water into the drawer. I had actually helped her re-do her room, bed went across the room and rotated 90', that type of stuff. I put a table next to her TV and ran all the charge cables along the back of it, making it a defacto power station.
She doesn't use it. Dog poop bags (empty) mail, hairbrushes, scissors, but she doesn't use it for it's intended purpose.

I really hope her phone isn't dead, we've only got $90 in the disposable budget right now, so this is a bad time for this. At least her tablet was under her bed (Always missing, never charged)

Meanwhile mr. charge table just sits next to the TV, feeling unloved.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2019, 11:49:38 AM »
Lots of children, dogs, cats, therapy and homework.  Wow.  Being a mom is busy work.  Sorry to have been absent a few weeks.  I'd like to be more consistent, with all things, to be sure.
Fall is coming on hot, geesh, I've so much housework to catch up on from working all these summer jobs and watching my friend's children for her.  Great kids, but with 3 of them it doesn't leave much time for anything but answering questions, playing legos, working on writing and math, and of course cleaning and cooking.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #204 on: September 30, 2019, 09:18:01 PM »
Ha.  And so modest, too!

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2019, 10:20:53 AM »
Apparently there is no end to his talents.

Longevity of 'is posts leave something to be desired.

Apparently.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2019, 03:30:50 PM »
I got a call from Texas, my Social Security number is suspended!

When I said it wasn't, the man on the phone told me to go golly myself.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #208 on: October 21, 2019, 04:25:28 PM »
How nice.  I'm sure the Social Security Administration would love to know that its "employees" are using such salty language with clients.  This is a common phone scam.  They're probably fishing for your SSN.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2019, 07:24:10 PM »
Yeah and definitely watch the calls during tax season about being audited and such, happens every year.

My phone has been off over a week.  Again, my absence sucks, I should be punished ;) ha