Author Topic: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜  (Read 331738 times)

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
Re: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜
« Reply #285 on: November 28, 2020, 09:06:36 AM »
The kids are doing fine six.  My daughter is adjusting, it just takes time for her, she is a creature of habit. 
My son is with his father and his new brother and sister, his father's girlfriend and I have been close and they have been together 5 years or more. I trust them with him, and I have the option of getting a well paying job now without finding childcare for 2 children.  Once I have the job and my residence for 6 months or so consecutively, then my son can move back with me.  His father and I decided this was best until the move was settled. He is doing great, his attitude and motivation are amazing.  We miss eachother, I've been to see him twice in 3 months, we miss eachother so much <3 I won't let him miss me too much ;)  just want him smiling and living well.  My daughter is a tough little girl and a very practical one.  She understands that life throws curve balls and changes can be big, I'm so proud of her. I am impressed by her emotional maturity levels despite her language skills needed proper tuning and therapy.  She missed school and therapy this year since March, a very practical girl, can be pleased easily by love and attention and food ;) I'd like to find an advocacy program, I hear they have more here but I'm still swimming in all the paperwork and i.d. proofing with programs that I have already signed up for.  I'll get this straightened out, we all will.

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #286 on: December 02, 2020, 07:34:10 AM »
It's virtually snowing.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #287 on: December 02, 2020, 11:21:08 PM »

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2020, 05:37:50 AM »
O no

I hope your screen's not freezing up.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2020, 09:24:29 AM »
nope, but running this morn somethings were  ;D ;D

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2020, 09:41:55 AM »
The kids are doing fine six.  My daughter is adjusting, it just takes time for her, she is a creature of habit. 
My son is with his father and his new brother and sister, his father's girlfriend and I have been close and they have been together 5 years or more. I trust them with him, and I have the option of getting a well paying job now without finding childcare for 2 children.  Once I have the job and my residence for 6 months or so consecutively, then my son can move back with me.  His father and I decided this was best until the move was settled. He is doing great, his attitude and motivation are amazing.  We miss eachother, I've been to see him twice in 3 months, we miss eachother so much <3 I won't let him miss me too much ;)  just want him smiling and living well.  My daughter is a tough little girl and a very practical one.  She understands that life throws curve balls and changes can be big, I'm so proud of her. I am impressed by her emotional maturity levels despite her language skills needed proper tuning and therapy.  She missed school and therapy this year since March, a very practical girl, can be pleased easily by love and attention and food ;) I'd like to find an advocacy program, I hear they have more here but I'm still swimming in all the paperwork and i.d. proofing with programs that I have already signed up for.  I'll get this straightened out, we all will.

That all sounds encouraging, Bea.  I'm keeping fingers crossed for you on the job front.  I'm glad that your ex is being supportive in sharing childcare responsibilities, too.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #291 on: December 05, 2020, 07:02:53 AM »
Let it snow let it snow  ::)

I did have her online school from March through the summer, shes proficient with online typing exercise programs, math online and written, and writing.  Right now she is well equipped for some intense sentence structure focus and we have already begun to study the solar system together.
Now they updated her curriculum with art and music to keep things diverse, great teacher, we have connected well as a team for my daughter.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 07:05:33 AM by Beatrix »

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2021, 08:57:05 AM »
Win :)

I lost this android I keep all my sites and passwords on.  Next time if I ever lose it, (I wont)  I know my log in information here by heart, i wont wait as long. 
Uggh though, I've had a sea of injury, had to see a chiropractor and a doctor but I'm getting it straightened out and will be working in a new area of the factory. 
I know how to assess my rehabilitation, and it shouldn't take me long to correct these issues in my neck and arms.  It's hard to lose old weight and gain new muscle, but I'm on it. 
Also, now I know how to correct my years of bad posture, haha, who would have thought it is mostly about concentration. 
Heres wanting the best for everyone here.  I'll be happy to get a vaccine, when it becomes available to me.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2021, 03:43:46 PM »
Hi Bea.  I'm sorry to hear that you injured yourself, but am glad that you are taking steps to protect yourself against repeating it.  I have no idea when I'll get a vaccine.  It would be easier in the States.  I'm kind of in limbo here.

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2021, 04:01:01 PM »
I've had an injury for 5 months now and can't really get it treated easily. On the plus side I have never spent so much time sitting on my arse.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #295 on: January 29, 2021, 04:12:27 PM »
I have never spent so much time sitting on my arse.

I'm the opposite. Being completely "remote working", I start the work day by sitting down and aside from lunch, pretty much stay there until the end of the work day and usually beyond as I play games or, more often now, continuing to work into the evening.

I'm planning to get a standing desk but as all higher dollar purchases, I tend to hem and haw for a few months before pulling the trigger on the purchase.

Hey Bea! Good to hear from you! Sorry for all you're dealing with.
--dweez

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #296 on: February 01, 2021, 08:26:23 PM »
Hm.  I seem to have forgotten where you are at Six.  Its possible you've already told me, for that I apologize for having to ask twice.
All seems to be repairable, the chiropractor was specific about timelines and how to repair myself.  I got this thing.
Hate to be the one, but I am ready for spring.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #297 on: February 02, 2021, 06:49:59 AM »
I'm in the French West Indies taking care of an elderly relative with Alzheimers.  It's pretty here, but with COVID, we don't really go out much.  It's not as glamorous as it might sound.  We go for a 4 mile walk every morning and run errands, coordinate doctor visits and do a bunch of maintenance kinds of stuff:  cleaning, gardening, etc.  Days fly by.  We don't hold out much hope for a vaccine here because we are not permanent residents.  We may have to go back to the US to get vaccinated, and I'm not really confident that airline travel is safe.

I get sick of winter, and by Feb., I'm usually ready for it to be long over.  California has a mild climate and usually flowers start blooming by early Feb., so that's cheering.  It takes longer in IL.  Other friends have been posting snowy pix on FB, so I'm sure you would like it to be over.   I hope you manage to heal quickly, as it's a drag to have injuries that impede movement, especially when you have to negotiate ice and snow.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #298 on: February 08, 2021, 12:17:13 PM »
Again, I missed something  :o
Thank you Dweez, I appreciate the kind words and concern.  I know you pay attention and know me, your words are helpful to me.
I try pretty hard just to keep a cool head and do what needs to be done.  I'm so thankful I still know you all. I respect you.
Working from home would be ideal.  Why I throw myself to physical labor and active sports and recreation jobs... I'm unsure..
Six, it may not seem glamorous, but it sounds so peaceful.  I'm glad you are experiencing life, busy with each task and helping someone to boot.  I enjoyed caring for people, in my experience it was other caretakers who made it unworkable.  I feel so stagnant with the injury and doctors appointments, waiting to get back to work.  It's just some nerve to vertebra swelling and pinching, loss of circulation in my arms from the pinch point, that's painful when its inflamed.  Also, I fell down my basement stairs, slid some six feet. It was an experience, and the biggest bruise I've ever had.  All relative, I'll be just fine I promise I've been taking it easy enough to be driving me insane. No breaks, no cuts from the fall, and in time with healing, good as new.
Let's talk again soon.

Offline drago6650

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #299 on: February 19, 2021, 07:19:44 AM »
Its been a long time since I last posted, I am pleased to see you have kept the site going Smokester.