Author Topic: Late to the party dept.  (Read 3537 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Late to the party dept.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2024, 12:12:34 AM »
Yes and also no.

The miniseries that launched the series? Absolutely worth it, but Lucy Lawless isn't in it.
She comes in around the end of season 2. Annnnnnd... eh.
She's fantastic, but what she is given to work with isn't great.
I don't want to give spoilers, but she essentially breaks down over time. A true follower of the faith to someone screwed over by prophesy.

If you do any web searches at all about her character, spoilers will pop like a soap bubble.

Also...
https://www.diasfora.co.uk/index.php?topic=5571.0
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 12:21:42 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2024, 10:53:46 AM »
So, here's the thing.  I figured that BSG was an older series and that the 2000+ versions were some kind of revival that I'd missed.  It looks like, from the earlier link you sent, that I've already seen it?  Oh well.  Then I'm bummed not to have found yet another unseen sci fi series.  Thanks for bringing me up to date as I don't know that I would have been able to dig up the long discussion we'd had about BSG, which I enjoyed.

I'm reading a sci fi book recommended by a friend that isn't particularly good but I'm about ¾ of the way through so I'll finish it.  My husband doesn't really like science fiction so I'm kind of on my own looking for new stuff.  The current book, The Wild Shore, by Kim Stanley Robinson, is kind of slow and lame.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2024, 06:17:26 PM »
The 2004 series was a redo, the original was sued out of existence by George Lucas and was weirdly Mormon. It starred Lorne Greene.
Lucy Lawless would have been ten.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2024, 07:14:58 PM »
Thanks.  So I probably haven't seen it.  Given the state of my memory these days, it will probably seem fresh and new to me.