Author Topic: Stargate: SG1 Season 7.  (Read 52 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
Stargate: SG1 Season 7.
« on: January 19, 2020, 02:32:04 AM »
And he's back.  Naked as a Jaybird.  Daniel Jackson.  Fallen, trying to find the lost city of the ancients with super cool weapons turns out to be a bust.  Anubis is trying to be the big guy.  DJ messes with him, determining he's (DJ) really an ancient, although his promise to wipe Anubis out seems to have been thwarted by super duper wavy white light nu-age Numi or whoever she is.

Homecoming in which after big heavy duty battles, the Jonas Quinn character comes up with excuse to get off the show as a regular so DJ can have his job back.  The cast says goodbye.  In the meantime, Jonas and DJ are on Anubis ship and Anubis is being his usual crank fest self, making efforts to bomb the Jonas home planet with the naquada he's absconded with.  Everyone is an bottom, but at the end, everyone agrees that Jonas is a good guy who now has a promising career as a diplomatic negotiator.  Hooray!

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
Re: Stargate: SG1 Season 7.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 01:34:42 AM »
Fragile balance.  O'Neill is cloned into a 15 year old version of himself and it's hilarious.  The Asgard rogue who is responsible screwed up the clone, but all is fixed in the end.  The younger actor's ability to replicate O'Neill's phrasing, demeanor and vocabulary is really spot on.

Orpheus:  Briac, Teal'c and his mini me are on a planet mining camp as slaves to a guy who really likes to bleach his hair so he can really come across as a total richard.  Teal'c and Briac are running out of the nifty synthetic drug that replaces their symbiote.  More father/son bonding and the SG1 team helps free the camp.  DJ is sort of "I realized that belonging here was more important than hanging out on the astral plane."  Ta da.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 02:22:59 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 01:35:25 AM »
Revisions:  Interesting plot about a dome that shelters inhabitants from toxic exterior atmosphere.  The power source has been failing but the computer controls the population and the memories and behaviors of the inhabitants through a link worn on the temple/forehead.  Our heroes show up and slowly figure out what's going on and save the town from certain extinction.  Good job.

Lifeboat:  Daniel Jackson obtains the personalities of a bunch o' cryogenically frozen people in a ship SG1 explored.  Two words:  overactors' theatre.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 01:52:51 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 01:13:39 AM »
Enemy Mine:  DJ acts as diplomat with hostile group of Umas who took offense at the humans messing with their sacred ground.  Finally, after deaths on both sides, they come to a mutually beneficial agreement.

Space Race:  Amusing take on capitalism and the apparatus of sports announcements/endorsements, commercials, etc. via a space race with aliens.  The sports coverage was pretty funny.  The whole thing was sort of camp and goofy.  Especially the sièges à gran confort in the lobby of Tektron, designed in the 1920's by Le Corbusier.  Who knew that modernism was so popular that aliens chose it for their corporate interiors.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:16:25 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Human
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 03:13:55 PM »
I like the joke about not remembering when the meeting was, and then he calls Jack "Jim". Just a tiny little note, but it's great.

They brought a lot of guns out in this one? next one? my notes on this disc suck. Jack does the thing where he lets people explain themselves rather than bark orders, it makes him an effective leader.

I have something about Jaffa here, somehow I missed the fact before, but every time Teal'c suits up in his Jaffa uniform, he's essentially dressed as an SS officer. We got some of that in season 1 when he was put on trial, but this one brought that memory back.

This time the plan involves evacuating civilians, I guess they learned that lesson from Abydos.
Don Davis said he liked this one because he doesn't have to do the classic monosyllabic responses "CLOSE THE IRIS, OPEN THE IRIS, YOU HAVE A GO".

Jonas gets the boot. They did him dirty :(

Fragile Balance

was hilarious, and you're right, the kid got the mannerisms spot on. Shame they never did anything with the character ever again, it seems like a very stupid waste. At least send him to Atlantis and let his rank carry, they're used to weird poo out there. He's got almost 40 years of field experience, and a proven track record of kicking alien ass, the only thing he doesn't have is physical conditioning, but he also doesn't have O'Neill's bad knees.

Hell, they pulled him from the F-302 briefing, and he managed to do it anyway. The room was full of professionals and they got over being snotty after two jokes. Once again, Effective Leadership.

They managed to make the Thor puppet look angry! That's progress, originally the puppet couldn't even walk!

Orpheus

Disc was messed up, I watched it on streaming. I don't like this episode. They just wanted to use those kicky guys.

Revisions

This one was super creepy, and they filmed it in an abandoned theme park. Tons of shows used it, the last being the Black and White episode of Supernatural. It's bulldozed now.

It was also super tragic, and the people on the planet don't even know who the hell they actually are, for all we know the internet devices changed them up on whims.

Funny thing is I thought this plot was recycled from the outer limits series, and it turns out they even used the same props.

Lifeboat: The scenes on the ship were super interesting, the episode was not.

Space Race -

Possibly one of the funniest episodes of the series, I loved it. Even the little infographic they use for SG-1 is funny. Huge Jonas, Tiny Daniel.  Tealc actually acts like a brat and gets away with it.

Modernism showed up a lot on planets in the Delta Quadrant on Voyager to make them look somewhat alien, I wonder if that was what they were aiming for.
just one little time change so a draft board in 1968 turns down the bribe to accept "bone spurs" and we are home-free.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:57:30 AM »
Avenger 2.0:  comic nerds from MIT who are obsessed with SG1 manage, by introducing a virus into one stargate, to shut down all of them, thenceforth rendering them useless as a transportation device.  Nerdy guy is obsessed with Carter despite the clear interest of his own lab assistant.  It gets fixed.  Big surprise.  Kind of lame.

Birthright:  Hot blonde leader of amazon type genetically altered and symbiote needing group of wild women takes up with Teal'c.  The SG1 guys have to convince these stubborn ladies to forego symbioted and try the nifty new drug that Teal'c has come to depend on.  There is resistance.  Another kind of lame episode in which I could swear I've seen a couple of the actresses on other shows.  All gets worked out and the Earthlings give drugs and food, etc. to the amazonian women and they all kicked ass happily ever after.