Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 423056 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #3225 on: July 12, 2023, 07:37:05 AM »
Warhorse one.
Seems its the time to make films about Afghanistan.  Watched a lot worse ???.

Did finally watch Guardian of the Galaxy vol3.
As always fun, great music, Only franchise worth watching of "Marvel's" atm.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3226 on: July 13, 2023, 08:04:50 AM »
Trying to find a Documentary called The Killing Filed 2021/2022  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3227 on: July 13, 2023, 12:35:32 PM »
Trying to find a Documentary called The Killing Filed 2021/2022  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Are you talking  about this:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23553310/
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3229 on: July 14, 2023, 05:37:57 PM »
I watched the expendables sequels; they were enjoyable if a bit barebones. I do like how the movies tend to have soviet backdrops, in 2 The Expendables shelter in an "America Town" before a 1970's looking New York Street gets blown away by a tank. I also feel like the America Town is meant to illustrate Stallone's age.

Three does away with the subtext, Stallone flat out cuts his veteran team out of the operation, recruiting a bunch of young soldiers, coldly explaining that he doesn't want to care about them if they die.

Bruce Willis' "Mr. Church" character is replaced by "Major Drummer" played by Harrison Ford.

I'd say the sequel was superior to the threequel, The only real plot in 3 is "Kill Stonebanks"

Gibson turns in a more menacing performance than Van Damme, but I wanted more. We hear that three teammates died on the mission Ross shot Stonebanks on, and it is implied there was a betrayal, but it isn't fleshed out.

I think that's me overthinking the movie though. I also kept expecting one of the new mercenaries to turn on the Expendables, but that doesn't happen either.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3230 on: July 24, 2023, 09:03:01 AM »
Guardian of the Galaxy Vol 3.
Was ok with funny pieces,

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3231 on: October 06, 2023, 11:12:04 PM »
Sound of Freedom, TBH for me it was over hyped, Pushed by so many sites reviews that Hollywood didn't want it shown.
Jim Caviezel is a wooden as you get, Bill Camp was the best person in it.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3232 on: October 07, 2023, 06:16:18 AM »
Is that the one where Robert Deniro recognizes Google as his overlord and is rendered down into slurry to be fed to the next batch of google interns?

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3233 on: October 15, 2023, 02:02:41 AM »
The Equalizer 3, set in a lovely if not beautiful part of Italy.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3234 on: October 29, 2023, 07:10:45 PM »
Harry nearly made it !

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3235 on: October 29, 2023, 09:56:34 PM »
One thing I've noticed on rewatch, NASA are the fuckups, not Stamper's crew. Even Rockhounds space dementia was both diagnosed beforehand AND handled in the worst way possible, BY the astronauts.

It starts when they get to the NASA facility. Harry discovers that NASA has not only stolen his patented design (Which he could sue a competitor into the ground for) but they have assembled it wrong, in a completely stupid configuration.

When they get to MIR, It's even more of a shitshow. Why are any of Harry's crew involved in this scene? They're only supposed to be drilling, not doing the "astronaut poo".

After they fly directly through the debris field, with predictable results, They use a RADIO TRANSMITTER for the bomb. They should have strapped an egg timer to every one of those suped up space suits.

All this stems back to Michael Bay's weird hatred of the federal government.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3236 on: October 30, 2023, 07:42:26 AM »
Michael Bay's audience appears to be the same as the last (and next?) President's: blue-collar, not-so-bright people that are convinced that everything is run by the illuminati/ freemasons/ space aliens/ deep state to the detriment of the average football fan and are equally convinced that they - with no skills or other confirmatory evidence - could do a much better job (of anything and everything) than the relevant so-called "experts" with their brains and fancy-dan educations.

For politics, I think the blue-collar crew may be right; but for science poo, I'm not so sure.

... but it is a helluva movie. Next time AJ gets it, fer shure.

Bay's Wikipedia entry is pretty entertaining.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bay

And I agree with the assessment of an audience that thinks there's no adverse situation that can't be cured by shooting it or blowing it up.  I'm reminded of our former President's idea that we should nuke hurricanes.  Sure.  That should work.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3237 on: October 31, 2023, 07:28:49 AM »
Bay's Wikipedia entry is pretty entertaining.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bay

And I agree with the assessment of an audience that thinks there's no adverse situation that can't be cured by shooting it or blowing it up.  I'm reminded of our former President's idea that we should nuke hurricanes.  Sure.  That should work.
When required are such fun !

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3238 on: October 31, 2023, 09:51:40 AM »
I've heard people have and continue to shoot hurricanes/tornados.
It hasn't worked yet...

The police in Florida actually released an article telling people NOT to shoot at hurricanes.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3239 on: October 31, 2023, 02:29:44 PM »
We went early with a scary flick (7.30pm) and watched Cobweb.

It may well remind you only too well of a couple of other horror movies, but if you ignore that and immerse yourself in the tension, it was quite scary.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.