Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 423080 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #3240 on: November 01, 2023, 08:25:47 AM »
I've heard people have and continue to shoot hurricanes/tornados.
It hasn't worked yet...

The police in Florida actually released an article telling people NOT to shoot at hurricanes.

Seriously  :o :o

I watched Boudica 2023, OMG I wouldnt even rate it a C movie

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3241 on: November 01, 2023, 12:45:20 PM »
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/florida-deputies-issue-stern-warning-do-not-shoot-at-hurricane
I was going to watch scream for Halloween, but my internet was out. I thought it was a little bit cool because it's like the start of a horror movie, but it got old fast.

Didn't get any trick or treaters, and the candy was depressingly small. I got a 30-piece thinking that would be plenty. I'm glad kids didn't show up, these things are like one bite candy rations now. Fun size was always an oxymoron.

I did recently watch an analysis of the first movie, and cz actually caught something I missed. One of the questions ghostface asks Casey in the opening scene is which door he's at.

This is a trick question, because he was covering both doors. It's a great callback to classic slashers like Friday the 13th, because it honestly seemed like Jason could teleport at times.

Fun thing, another horror reviewer debunked THAT myth by measuring the dance floor of the cruise ship nightclub. No teleportation was required, Jason just had to walk really fast. It's the camera cuts that make it look like he teleported.

Another funny thing, to rent Scream on Youtube, it's Four bucks, which if I recall correctly, is what a new release rented for at Blockbuster. At least with youtube, you don't have to rewind or return the tape.

I think older movies were $2, which scream definitely qualifies as now. I still think digital rentals are priced a bit too steep. If they were a dollar, I'd probably rent one a week, instead of seeking my tricornered hat.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3242 on: November 01, 2023, 01:28:00 PM »
I've heard people have and continue to shoot hurricanes/tornados.
It hasn't worked yet...

The police in Florida actually released an article telling people NOT to shoot at hurricanes.
That sounds pretty routine for Florida, from what I've heard.  What could possibly go wrong, really, aiming a small missile into a weather phenomenon that consists of rapidly cycling winds?

We got lots of trick or treaters last night.  I gave away about 90% of our candy, then got tired and turned our lights off.  The kids are cute and I'm happy to pass along the treats.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3243 on: November 01, 2023, 09:41:13 PM »
Were you able to get decent candy, or was it the micro poo they're pushing down here?

Like, I never cared for "fun size" but the "mini size" is too small.

I remember my grandma had the fun size bars for her blood sugar, and they were 1/3 of a piece bigger than the current ones.
In the words of Ron White:
They evacuated everybody from the (Florida) Keys and everybody leaves except for one guy who’s gonna stay there and tie himself to a tree on the beach, to prove a point; and the point was, he said, that at 53 years of age, he was in good enough physical condition to withstand the wind and the rain of a force 3 hurricane. OK, let me explain something to ya: it isn’t that the wind is blowin’. It’s what the wind is blowin’. If you get hit with a Volvo, it doesn’t really matter how many sit-ups you did that morning. If you have a "Yield" sign in your spleen, joggin' don't really come into play. "I can run 25 miles without stopping." "You're bleedin'." "poo!"

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3244 on: November 02, 2023, 07:11:26 AM »
I hit up a drug store that had a sale on the fun size.  Mounds; Butterfinger; Reeses PB cups; M&Ms (plain and peanut); Nestle's Crunch.  I also gave away packs of microwaveable popcorn.  Some kids just love to get that.

That quote about hurricanes is a hoot.  And in the Keys, I'd be mighty worried about a storm surge to boot.  I have visions of being smacked on the puss by an errant barracuda.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3245 on: November 09, 2023, 06:58:53 AM »

The Last Rifleman.  Its not a bad film but I just cannot see Brosnan as a old looking guy, imagine him in his 90's still looking as out of The Thomas crown affaire.
A nice film with a spattering of decent actors.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3246 on: November 12, 2023, 05:03:49 AM »
Oppenheimer.
Definitely a Nolan film. Need to watch again

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3247 on: November 18, 2023, 08:16:11 AM »
The Killer - Not bad,
The Escaper - Enjoyable

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3248 on: November 18, 2023, 08:24:21 PM »
The Old Oak, very K,Loach and a cast of no one I recognise.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3249 on: November 19, 2023, 08:18:23 AM »
That reminds me of this tree, a natural monument in the state of Maryland, that was huge and ancient.  It finally collapsed in 2002, at an age of over 500 years.   

https://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Pages/trees/giant.aspx

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3250 on: December 01, 2023, 06:14:36 PM »
I rewatched "Bad Santa" a couple days ago.  I first saw it in the theatre when it first came out, and found it charming at the time, but it seems not to have aged well.  Strange that several of the cast members have since died.  I don't think I'd be much interested in seeing a sequel.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307987/

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3251 on: December 05, 2023, 06:50:08 AM »
If I could post a gif it  would show Confusion to the tenth  ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3252 on: December 05, 2023, 01:09:30 PM »
I'm not sure that Goose's wife is right for Mulder.

Wow didn't realise that was her  :o

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3253 on: December 06, 2023, 02:46:07 PM »
I watched Hell or High Water (2016) with Chris Pine the other day as it was on regular TV just when I was settling down.

I was left with the feeling that rather than a story, it was more "a day in the life of...".  Bit of a waste of time, to be honest.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3254 on: December 07, 2023, 03:02:56 AM »
I only get to watch movies with my wife nowadays, never the star of the movie!

What about the "regular TV"? I'm sure you could also have been creative with that.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.