Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 416767 times)

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 10:18:43 AM »
I hadn't caught that. I thought x meant scarlett vs melanie? I agree with your assessment if it's her against BD. There are parts of Scarlett that are bearable. And you can almost see times when she'll push through and turn out ok.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 12:01:31 PM »
I never cared for Gone With The Wind.
I had to study the damn movie , To Kill A Mockingbird and The Scarlet Letter in High School English class.
That kinda killed it for me.
I cant even stand The Hobbit anymore becuse of that.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2009, 12:08:07 PM »
I finally watched Adventureland. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great... therefore it was just sort of ..blah. It had a couple of funny lines.

No wonder you posted that opinion of Ryan Reynold..... ;)  i thought that movie was a 3/10

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »
I never cared for Gone With The Wind.
I had to study the damn movie , To Kill A Mockingbird and The Scarlet Letter in High School English class.
That kinda killed it for me.
I cant even stand The Hobbit anymore becuse of that.

As much as I think Civil War history is interesting to read about, I'm pretty sure I've never read Gone With the Wind all the way through. But.. To Kill a Mockingbird and the Hobbit were my two favorite junior high books. And I love them both still :P

No wonder you posted that opinion of Ryan Reynold..... ;)  i thought that movie was a 3/10

^ I just don't get him. I know more then one girl who really like him. He bores me. Not just in that move, in anything.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2009, 02:02:11 PM »
I hate when anyting is forced onto me.
I guess if I read them on my own time i would have a better opinion of them.
I keep my standards low.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2009, 05:09:19 PM »
Scarlett later in life = Blanche DuBois.

;D ;D

Offline feelingindifferent

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2009, 03:10:48 AM »
I hadn't caught that. I thought x meant scarlett vs melanie? I agree with your assessment if it's her against BD. There are parts of Scarlett that are bearable. And you can almost see times when she'll push through and turn out ok.
Hmm Scarlett vs Melanie... Melanie of course, she was so nice. But then that's probably the reason she was only a supporting character, being entirely good is so boring.
Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2009, 06:44:54 AM »
I liked how Melanie was truly just flat out good though. She wasn't good to prvoe or gain something.. she just was 'good'. Even to the point of the times she reached out to Scarlett. I thought the scenes where she and Rhett and Scarlettt interacted were really interesting for those reasons. Rhett was a bad boy, but had a good heart. Melanie was 'good', but she was soooo good that she'd accept people unconditionally, people like Scarlett that other girls disssed, and Melanie would roll her sleeves up and get dirty. That's a nice unique and pure kind of good. And. they both thought Scarlett had it somewhere in herself that they could both reach her, and if anyone could, they both had the spirit to try.. but Scarlett was just too closed off and stubborn to relent. When I was little I always wanted Rhett and Melanie to go f'it, and run off together :D

Offline feelingindifferent

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009, 07:03:24 AM »
When I was little I always wanted Rhett and Melanie to go f'it, and run off together :D
That would've been something.
Vivien Leigh won two Oscars, for two roles, which are almost exactly the same. It's uncanny. Or maybe she's just good at portraying stubborn southern belles :D

Offline Geemonster

• Banned for all eternity
  • Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 01:03:07 PM »
Signs good 7/10
I also watched 2 films loosely based on a true story 1 Essex Boys 7/10 2 Rise of The Footsoldier 8/10
  It was only on further study i realised i'd seen one of the blokes on a couple of occasions,as i lived in various parts of Essex for years,not to mention i'd lived in London a couple of times.
  Anyone from the UK will remember the triple murders in a village called Rettendon in Chelmsford Essex,in which 3 men were blasted to death while sitting in a Range Rover,in December 1995.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 02:00:20 PM »
Signs good 7/10
I also watched 2 films loosely based on a true story 1 Essex Boys 7/10 2 Rise of The Footsoldier 8/10
  It was only on further study i realised i'd seen one of the blokes on a couple of occasions,as i lived in various parts of Essex for years,not to mention i'd lived in London a couple of times.
  Anyone from the UK will remember the triple murders in a village called Rettendon in Chelmsford Essex,in which 3 men were blasted to death while sitting in a Range Rover,in December 1995.

Yeah,, read a book that had that case in it.
 Cant remember the details off hand ( been about ten years since I read about it).
I keep my standards low.

Offline Geemonster

• Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »
They robbed other criminal gangs,and just stepped a little too much over the line.
  They had it coming i guess.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »
Gotta know where the line is,,it comes in handy sometimes
I keep my standards low.

Offline Geemonster

• Human
  • Diasfora's Misfit
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 02:54:29 PM »
Gotta know where the line is,,it comes in handy sometimes

Very!

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2009, 09:15:32 PM »
I watched Julie/Julia today and it was a really good movie. Cant say that Ill watch it again but Im glad I saw it. Im a HUGE Meryl Streep fan and as usual she ruled the movie, she was brilliant. I doubt that there will be much in the way of awards for this movie like Ive read predicted but she was wonderful. Kind of a chick flick I guess but good none the less.  6/10