Author Topic: Latest Movie You Watched  (Read 416862 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Latest Movie You Watched
« Reply #3000 on: May 05, 2021, 12:26:53 AM »
they all watch you to some degree.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3001 on: May 07, 2021, 11:44:13 PM »

Without Remorse introduces Clark as former Navy SEAL John Kelly played by M.B.Jordan

Jordan in my opinion isn't as good as Willem Dafoe nor Liev Schreiber who played him as a CIA agent so a lot different from the Navy seal that Jordan plays him as, and this is more of a action film.
Was OK, and sets the scene for follow up films (hopefully he then plays as a more rounded character, not just gung ho)

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #3002 on: May 08, 2021, 01:42:41 AM »
I watched Without Remorse tonight as well. I thought it was really good and Michael B. did a good job in the movie but I don't think it represented the John Kelly/John Clark character well at all. The story is completely different from the book and came out after Clark had already been well developed in other Clancy novels.

I am hopeful that maybe this is way Amazon can bring Clark into the John Ryan series.
--dweez

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3003 on: May 09, 2021, 12:10:13 AM »
I just watched Tenet. Very exciting, but I haven't got a clue what was happening, even though every twenty minutes or so the movie stops so someone can explain what is going on. The explanations make no sense, so that didn't really help.

"Time-wimey-wiggly, bad guy, horcruxes, SAVE THE WORLD!
like yourself, loved the movie but the Time paradox thing ?????
At the end Robert Pattinson-Neil hints that the whole time paradox is constantly running (when first met he knows what drink the protagonist likes) and he meets the protagonist again in another time line. 
Best not to lose much sleep over the meaning I think :-\ :-\

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3004 on: May 11, 2021, 08:17:09 PM »
I watched Ocean's 12 finally.

I will not be watching Ocean's 13.

Catherine Zeta Jones was very pretty in Ocean's 12, Julia Roberts was intentionally made frumpy, which is weird because she was glamorous in the first film.

The central heist is reliant on the fact that Not Julia Roberts looks like Julia Roberts. I did like how during the Bruce Willis bit, Everyone tells him how they "figured out" the twist in sixth sense, and he tells Not Julia that really bugs him.

Other than that? Everyone was an bottom throughout the entire film. Brad Pitt was a bit nicer in this than in Mr. and Mrs. poo, but he's still here to do crimes for the thrill of it.

The Topher Grace subplot was weird and kind of funny, but I read they dropped it in the third film, which, once again, I won't be watching.

I kind of liked Matt Damon's character? There wasn't much to him, but he gets busted by his mom, which is a bit funny.

This movie was pretty bless'ed boring. I'd say there are about 15 minutes of decent material, but the movie runs on for TWO HOURS AND FIVE MINUTES.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3005 on: May 15, 2021, 11:20:15 PM »
Mayans MC.  The show where nobody has any fun.

Maybe it's because they don't drive Jaguars.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3006 on: May 16, 2021, 09:12:41 AM »
gotta love that advert

that was gripping

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3007 on: May 16, 2021, 11:28:12 PM »
The Pollinators 2020
lots of sense spoken by the Bee movers, common sense really, and pressure by supermarkets to produce the perfect sellable apple that people want, "People want" supermarkets fool people into what they want not what they want to sell.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3008 on: May 18, 2021, 07:57:48 AM »
So my daughter and I started to watch "Great White" as we both like a munchin' shark movie or 2. Read the bad reviews about the CGI etc but I wasn't that bothered as I was quite happy with the Goodies' "Lips, or Almighty Cod" so I'm easily pleased.

However, only made it about halfway sighing quite a lot so the jury is out whether we'll pick up on it again this evening.

I wouldn't watch this space.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3009 on: May 18, 2021, 09:53:04 PM »
Special.  Kind of funny black humor.  Not too long.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3010 on: May 20, 2021, 08:16:05 AM »
Cargo (2009)
German sci-fi film. On amazon prime with English subtitles.  Dr. goes on cargo voyage to raise enough money to go hang with her sister on a beautiful colony.  She finds out that this is not the case.  Reminiscent of Alien but without invasive terrible monsters.
It was ok.  Sort of interesting plot.  Dark, cold and lots of water leaking on this huge, ill-maintained cargo ship.  Where's all that water come from in space?  Who can say? I guess I'm running out of tv shows so it's late night movie viewing for me.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 08:20:41 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3011 on: May 21, 2021, 11:42:24 PM »
Red Rover.  Nebbish geologist works to escape bad earthly situation and to get accepted to one way Mars exploratory mission.  Populated with the usual crowd of self-indulgent millennials, this is basically a love story.  And not a very compelling one.  I was hoping they'd go to Mars.  Bummer.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3012 on: May 28, 2021, 11:19:44 PM »

Wrath of Man 2021 Not the sort of Guy Ritchie film I am use to, in place you gets hints of his style but not a lot. Action start to finish (brutal at times). Enjoyed.

Army of the Dead 2021 Unsure what to say about this, Action fest or just silly. When comes part 2

THOSE WHO WISH ME DEAD 2021  It killed  one and a half hours  :-\

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #3013 on: June 28, 2021, 12:11:18 AM »
The Ice Road. Loose story, Liam being Liam but was a ok film.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3014 on: June 30, 2021, 02:49:20 PM »
The Ice Road. Loose story, Liam being Liam but was a ok film.

We found that the worst movie Liam has ever had the misfortune to find himself in. There were more continuity errors than you could shake a stick at.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.