Author Topic: gremlins and me  (Read 3607 times)

Offline teech

• Australopithecus
gremlins and me
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:03:58 AM »
Here is a puzzle that i wonder if anyone knows where i should go to fix it?
I have been working on http://www.big-ride-oldmen.co.uk
It is for my husband and bro' in law's big ride next year. (take a look) anyway all of a sudden after Sunday afternoon when i was trying to find ftp ... i had a visitor and just closed the lap top ... since then i am unable to open admin or even the website on my home broadband. Lap top or tower. Anyone know or have any ideas. I am completely dumb. numb..well you know!
My son in law set up site for me and all was going well.
By the way... good to see you all
Teech.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
Re: gremlins and me
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 09:46:24 AM »
No idea how to fix it :-\

It looks nice though. And it was nice to see you stop in :)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 05:30:56 AM »
Sorry Teech but I completely missed this.

Did it resolve itself as it sounds like your broadband was down what with both computers not seeing the site.  If you could browse the rest of the internet ok then it was more than likely that your host's server was offline as that happens from time to time and would also account for not being able to get into your control panel.  If that does happen you should have a support system with your host that are usually "tickets", and you should warn them of the outage as soon as you experience it, otherwise like our old host here, they may not spot it for half a day!!

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline teech

• Australopithecus
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 05:29:33 AM »
Smokes your a Star... Yes it eventually cleared itself, about 3 - 4 days though. I also cleared all cashes on both computers. It was odd. I asked my son in law also but he was able to access no problem so i wonder if when working on FTP's it sort of jammed up. Who knows? NO thats not a new question Hee hee....... Just glad that i am able to use it again and as soon as i can i shall get to working on it a little more. I enjoy that. and always get a wow feeling when someone adds their comments. So the WOW factor that you must be experiencing with Diasfora .... well maybe your still up there on that cloud. Hope so cause we all love being here with you.
Christmas round the corner so i am sure there will be a topic of that nature about to surface.

Teech..

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 05:36:45 AM »
Smokes your a Star... Yes it eventually cleared itself, about 3 - 4 days though. I also cleared all cashes on both computers. It was odd. I asked my son in law also but he was able to access no problem so i wonder if when working on FTP's it sort of jammed up. Who knows? NO thats not a new question Hee hee....... Just glad that i am able to use it again and as soon as i can i shall get to working on it a little more. I enjoy that. and always get a wow feeling when someone adds their comments. So the WOW factor that you must be experiencing with Diasfora .... well maybe your still up there on that cloud. Hope so cause we all love being here with you.
Christmas round the corner so i am sure there will be a topic of that nature about to surface.
Thanks for your mail
Teech..x

I'm not up here on a cloud, I'm up here on a pedestal. :)

Just kidding... minions
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.