Author Topic: the official "I-got-into-some-poo-last-night" thread  (Read 14051 times)

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
Re: the official "I-got-into-some-poo-last-night" thread
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »
Plus, it makes no sense.. because then they'd have a whole arsenal of pointy heeled shoes to impale you with :D

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 01:17:07 PM »
Can a woman on here please explain this to me ( ok,, maybe im just dense,,im a guy after all).
Why is it that whenever a guy is beating his significant other, she goes nuts if someone comes to defend her?
 Ive been in situations ( ok,, I beat the living hell out of a guy once for almost killing his wife,,call it chivalry, stupidity, whatever) where the woman is being torn up, then someone comes and fights for her, then she turns into a wildcat and tries to claw her defenders eyes out.
 Or a woman gets beaten on a regular basis and wont leave the guy.
I know how degradation works ( it was an interogation technique I learned ), but for crying out loud,, if your in danger,, you dont just stay in danger. you try to get out of it.
 Why is it that alot of women wont get out of the bad situation theyre in?
( and on a side note, why is when a woman cheats on her husband, she claims the husband " made her do it"?)
 These kinds of women are making the rest of you out there look kinda nuts. ( believe me, I know about insane women).
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline JackFrost

• Super Hero
  • I've seen the future. I can't afford it.
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 01:46:11 PM »
RG, I think you've started a whole 'nother topic here...

I ain't touchin' this with a 50 foot pole...  :D

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 01:54:42 PM »
No actualy it has to do with this topic.
It really does,,this problem goes hand in hand with what happened to AJ.

But,,,if a mod ( hey there Skadi,, you cute thang you) wants to use it to start another thread,, be my guest.
I keep my standards low.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 02:06:47 PM »

Why is it that whenever a guy is beating his significant other, she goes nuts if someone comes to defend her?

That's pretty much what I said earlier Robin, and why I think it happens is that at the point when they see the person that they have deep emotional feelings for being hurt, regardless of what they have done their instinct is to defend them. 
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 02:12:38 PM »
I think its insanity,, but thats just me.
I keep my standards low.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 02:16:53 PM »
I think its insanity,, but thats just me.

Not really.

If I am having a argument with missus and call her a cow that's ok, but if the bloke standing next to me agrees then I'd lamp him for insulting her.. does that make any sense?

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 02:23:10 PM »
Not really.

If I am having a argument with missus and call her a cow that's ok, but if the bloke standing next to me agrees then lamp him for insulting her.. does that make any sense?

However, if the bloke next to you disagrees, then lamp him for poking his nose into something that doesn't concern him. Either way the bloke gets lamped.  :D

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 02:41:07 PM »
I feel a sense of deja vu here. I know weve discussed this before. People who are very limited in their communication skills and/or dont have any at all only know how to express their emotions through actions. I personally find this physically repulsive but that is a vast amount of people. They have grown up seeing family and friends treating their supposed loved ones this way and its all they "claim" to know. Showing pure emotion or sensitivity is demeaning in some way for them hense: what they've been taught. I got smacked by a boyfriend at one time when I was in my early 20's and that was the end of that. Gone that minute. I also broke a chair over a fiance back once when I found him in bed with someone. So either way, whether the man instigates it or the woman it solves absolutely nothing. Unless you are one of ^^^those feeble minded people and it means,"They love me!! They really love me!! Look how they done kicked his ass"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 03:26:42 PM by ohcheap1 »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2010, 02:49:34 PM »
However, if the bloke next to you disagrees, then lamp him for poking his nose into something that doesn't concern him. Either way the bloke gets lamped.  :D

That is unless he supports West Ham.

Then I'll know in advance that he is just off his rocker...

People who are very limited in their communication skills and/or dont have any at all only know how to express their emotions through actions.

Some fighting is good, clean fun, especially with Australian rugby fans.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2010, 03:01:42 PM »

Thats sport humor right? I dont get it.  :-\

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2010, 04:23:32 PM »
There's a whole range of scenarios we're all talking about.. so, it's hard to really group them into the same bunch...

there are some general rules that might run across lots of situations..

..but, I think each incident to incident, and each relationship to relationship is probably different

I assume some instance a girl might be being attacked and be thanking her stars someone saved her. Other times.. she's stuck in a negative bad cycle with the wrong person and the dysfunction of their relationship makes no sense. Other times a girl might really be able to provoke a situation that shouldn't have been poked at. Not that she by any means should get hit. But, she could have walked away... or, not thrown the first punch (be it verbal or actual punch).

But, it's definitely too intense of a topic to lump all instances into one easy to explain standard explanation.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2010, 05:09:01 PM »
Who's lumping? We are discussing the reasons why AJ's situation may have evolved and all the comments posted are indeed relavent to the scenerio including yours Skadi. Just sayin.....
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:13:05 PM by ohcheap1 »

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 05:39:40 PM »

Or the beating im going to give to MACE for his title!

Other times a girl might really be able to provoke a situation that shouldn't have been poked at. Not that she by any means should get hit. But, she could have walked away... or, not thrown the first punch (be it verbal or actual punch).

See ,, Ive been in a situation ( or a hundred) with my ex,, especialy here lately, where she has thrown the first punch ( verbaly).
Ive never hit her,, I usualy throw it back into her court and let her show her arse about things.
 Ive known women that like to "prove" how mean they are by pushing a guy until he snaps,. then its the guys fault.
Then others still that get off on being hit ( kinky,,even for me).
 Usualy i just turn my back and walk away and let her fuss and scream to her hearts content, especialy in front of others.
Although she never understands why people act funny around her.
I keep my standards low.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2010, 06:48:41 AM »
Who's lumping? We are discussing the reasons why AJ's situation may have evolved and all the comments posted are indeed relavent to the scenerio including yours Skadi. Just sayin.....

er...?

to me it seemed like some lumping was going on. And broad generalizations were being made. I was leading up to the idea that Robin had mentioned that if we wanted to get really detailed and list off individual incidents and how they difered, maybe we should move this to a whole other thread of it's own. He'd mentioned that request to me in this thread, and mine was a follow up statement of sorts implying it indeed was a complicated subject. I was waiting to hear from AJ if he wanted this thread branched off.

Adrenaline is a weird chemical. It can make rational people flip switches in a split second. And, people who are used to fighting, use it like a natural drug to get a rush. Some people use violence as a sacntioned method of discipline. For other people it defines who they are. It's a complicated topic that would take lots of posts and examples to dissect properly.