Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today  (Read 108901 times)

Offline nouseforaname

• Neandertal
  • We all pace at our own lengths.
Re: Things that made you laugh today
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 07:13:34 PM »
My job is bless'ed unbelievable. I?ll try to sum it up for you by telling you about the folks I work with:
First, there?s the supermodel wanna-be chick. I?ll give her credit, she's pretty bless'ed hot. But she?s constantly fixing up her hair, or putting on make up. She is extremely self centered, and never considers the needs/wants/desires of anyone but herself. She?s as dumb as a box of rocks. I?m surprised she has enough brainpower to continue to breathe. She must suck a mean richard, because the boss keeps her around.

The next chick is the exact opposite. She?s probably one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, yet she?s here with us. She?s like a -10 on a scale of 1-10. I?m not sure she even showers, let alone shaves her womanly parts. I think she?s a lesbian, because whenever we pass the Home Depot, she moans like she?s creaming her panties.

Finally, and the jewel of the crowd is a bless'ed stoner. I?m not talking like an occasional toker. This guy is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I?m pretty sure after work. I would doubt he?s been sober in the last ten years easily. And he?s only 22. He dresses like a freaking beatnik throwback from the 1960?s. To make it worse, he bring his big bless'ed dog to work. Every bless'ed day I have to look at this HUGE bless'ed DOG! This thing usually walks around about ? stoned from the 2nd hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it?s trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Both of them are constantly hungry and require multiple stops at McDonalds and Burger King.

Anyway, I drive these hillbillys around in my van, and we solve mysteries and poo.
LOL I exploded with laughter

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 07:03:52 AM »
People at work are super funny, so they make me laugh every day... but yesterday, everything was quiet and one of my friends out of nowhere said 'don't taze me bro!'. I actually cackled. It was funny because it was so random, and it had been a year since I'd thought of that guy.. and it was the end of the day and we were slap happy.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 07:19:13 AM »
Happy-slapping is bad.  I know that's not what you meant, but I just thought I'd mention it :(

I've recently been playing around with Slackware on my old PC (CLAW).  After logging in, Slackware likes to display a little message, mostly quotes and jokes.  Today, she said:

Those of you who think you know it all upset those of us who do.

I thought it was funny.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 07:33:02 AM »
Hehe, I like that chek...I think I'll use it sometime.
--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 09:06:55 AM »

Those of you who think you know it all upset those of us who do..

I could almost use that as a sig.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 07:37:21 PM »
I play in a southern rock/blues band,, and last night had this idiot come up and request some Whitesnake.  That was funny
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
    • TITLE!
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 07:25:35 AM »
Today, in my flat I overheard this conversation:

person1:  Eew!  That's disgusting!

person2:  (while coming out of his room) What did he say?

person1:  He's just admitted to peeing in the shower!

person2:  You can't do that!  Other people use it!

person1:  Yeah, and I'm normally after you in the shower in the mornings!

:D

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
What made me laugh today was being disowned by my sister,,, again.
All because I didnt take her to the shop saturday.
The thihng is I wasnt even in Oklahoma saturday.

Maybe I need to be gone more,, it makes my day to see her pissed off.
I keep my standards low.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
    • TITLE!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 12:01:38 AM »
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/forums/forum/45797/topic/3555739

i've been searching for answers on whether or not .7zip and .rar files are lossy.

Just in case you don't know, a file being lossy means that over time, it will drop in quality. Mp3's are lossy. An mp3 downloaded to a harddrive in 2000 in 126kbps, will sound terrible if we opened it up today in 2010. Mp3's lose around 5 kbps of quality every year.

The reason why im trying to learn about whether or not .rar and .7zip flies are lossy is because I have recently stumbled upon the fact that many things are lossy, not only mp3s, like jpegs. Png is a lossless format of image files i think, and flac is a lossless format of music files.

So I'm wondering if there is such thing as something that compresses a file that will make it lossless. Like, if I compressed an mp3 126kbps file into 7zip format in 2000, and reopened that file now, would it still have retained most of it's sound quality? Or would it have not made any difference at all?

IF .7zip / winrar files are lossless, then could you backup a lossy format (jpeg/mp3) and not lose quality simply by archiving it in .7zip / winrar?

I shouldn't laugh, but it's funny how wrong it is!

I like this reply:
Well, music seems to be getting worse every year, so its quality is lossy that way, and then, on the broader scientific question, we're all lossy over time, and so all memory and data are lossy. But perhaps there are lossless things.
:)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:03:10 AM by chekovsulu »

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 06:14:49 PM »
Watching someone walking down the street and falling into an open manhole isnt funny to me.
What IS funny is someone walking down the street and falling into an open manhole onto the guy thats crawling out from the first failed pratfall.
Now to me that would be HILARIOUS! lol
I keep my standards low.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
    • TITLE!
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 09:00:39 AM »
I've been busy looking up Antoine de Caunes, he's the man I stole my French accent from in high school (which I've now lost :'()

This gave me a giggle
Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 06:09:28 AM »
One of my favorite skits on SNL. Ive posted all of them so far so here's the latest:

Gotta love tonight?s sponsor???. Gyne-Lotrimin Vaginal cr?me.  When you got something fungal deep down in your lady jungle,  Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal cr?me.

And you know what else makes sense? Choosing Gyne-Lotrimin.  From Bo Derek to Susan Lucci, it?s the brand the stars use to clean their coochi, Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal cr?me

Hey you know what?s not busted? Gyne-Lotrimin, and nothin? fine-a than a yeast free vagina. Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal cr?me.

When you hop up from the futon and all you left was a wet crouton??. Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal cr?me

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 02:48:15 PM »
Anyone got bisquits to go with the cheese?
I keep my standards low.

Offline nouseforaname

• Neandertal
  • We all pace at our own lengths.
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 08:19:47 PM »
My friend and I went to a welding shop blocks away to get a quote to get something done on his car. On the way there, down the street from our homes, he always mentions how he owes this auto repair shop a bunch of money for a car he used to own which he doesn't have anymore. The repair shop is literally down the street in the residential area. So on the way home while turning down our block, he had his windows down (he recently got tints) and the owner of the auto shop was standing right outside staring at my friend. We both laughed as my friend asked if he noticed him lol

Offline Robin-Graves

• Homo Superior
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »
Sunday night in Ft Smith we were playing at a bar called The Beer Garden ( nice down home biker bar,, wonderfull place ,,,realy) when a fight broke out.
The bouncer ( and we were playing Crosfire by Stevei Ray Vaughn) intercepted the fight and I swear I heard him say " there are only to real badasses in this bar, and unfortunately for you two theyre both me!"
 One of the guys hits him,, knocking him into the bar and says " Yeah? well what does it say for your two badasses when they both get knocked down by a kitty?" lmao

I love that bar!
I keep my standards low.