Author Topic: Chris Nolan and Superman  (Read 4007 times)

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
Chris Nolan and Superman
« on: February 16, 2010, 12:37:15 AM »
Chris Nolan is going to be involved in the next Superman film.  It's a relatively long article, so here's the link:
http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/its-a-bird-its-a-plane-its-chris-nolan-hell-mentor-superman-3-0-while-preparing-3rd-batman/

And here's a quote:
That's because Warner Bros mogul Jeff Robinov stressed post-Dark Knight that "we have to look at how to make these movies edgier". One of our insiders interpreted this to say: "He meant more sophisticated."

It's all about being edgy these days :D  Maybe the next film will have lots of electric guitar, like Batman Beyond - that's hella edgy!  Angriness is important too, ain't no fun wit' no conflict.

I'm not a major Superman fan - it's not realistic enough and now he has a child :-\

A crossover with Batman would be good, I really liked the comics and the Justice League cartoons.

The Superman with Dean Cain was really good, but I think that was mostly because Teri Hatcher was very pretty in it.

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
Re: Chris Nolan and Superman
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 09:29:29 AM »
I liked the last Superman film.
 Id like to see the whole Brainiac angle they talked about before,, you know,, with the giant spider thing robot.
 Superman Returns was pretty edgy at times,, and the whole " The world without Superman" idea was cool.
I mean,, look at it,, what if your this godlike superhero and you left,, then came back and you find out that the world moved on just fine without you?
Will you really be needed? Were you that important to begin with?
 I was a huge fan of the Doomsday series back in 1993. A being that was created by Project Cadmus that was nastier and stronger than Supoerman,, and Superman being beaten senseless and presumabley  to death.
The entire idea of there being four supermen,, each with thier own distinct powers and personalities was a mark of genius.
On the other hand,, the Batman Superman crossover would be interesting.
Frank Miller back in the mid 80s wrote The Dark Knight Returns and had the feud between Superman and Batman end in that one.
Superman ended up fighting Batman ,, and Batman had Kryptonite gloves,, and was beating the holy crap out of the Man Of Steel with the help of the Green Arrow ( who had his arm torn off by Superman years earlier).
 If Frank Miller wrote the new Superman movie it would be hella edgy.
Maybe they need to take a hint and let our boy Franky do the writing and leave the ametuers to writing tv sitcoms.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:53:47 AM »
Oh yeah, I was trying to remember which one it was they had that fight in!  I keep getting mixed up with certain issues of World's Finest

I think a cross-over such as that would be interesting, I'd like it when Batman beats up Superman.  I like it a lot! :D

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 02:00:38 PM »
I'd like it when Batman beats up Superman.  I like it a lot! :D

Superman's a good guy who has saved the lives of billions of people and yet everyone always wants to see him get his arse kicked. I wonder why?  ??? :D

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 02:27:29 AM »
Miller has shown an acute disdain for comic books. Read the All Star Batman & Robin books. I've heard they yanked him off and edited a bunch of it.

He made batman out as what batman really is, a madman with more money than sense. After KIDNAPPING richard Grayson, he announces that he is the goddamn batman.

After driving Grayson insane, they beat the poo out of the green lantern. Why? I'm not really sure.

A new superman movie cannot be made. The nation is not what it was. We have replaced hope and optimism with cynicism and fear. That's part of what made the newer batman films work, and just won't work with superman.

Batman V. Superman is not Coke V. Pepsi. They're very different characters and represent fundamentally different things. Batman is vengeance. Superman is hope.

Offline Robin-Graves

• Rev AJ's Grand Inquisitor
  • Homo Superior
  • Power doesnt give you the right
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 06:11:41 PM »

Batman V. Superman is not Coke V. Pepsi. They're very different characters and represent fundamentally different things. Batman is vengeance. Superman is hope.

^ Very true

Frank Miller in my opinion did make the best batman story when he did The Dark Knight Returns.
 Although I did like The Dark Knight Strikes Back,, but it did lack alot of the streangth the first had.
 Pepe Morino ( Digital Justice) was a close second though.

When they did the whole Doomsday series back in 1993 or so I saw a turning point in the whole Superman thing.
Superman can be beaten,, badly.
 I liked the fact that he wasnt infinite in his abilities. It brought him back down to earth.
I keep my standards low.
That way im never disapointed.