Author Topic: Mouse needed.  (Read 2995 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Mouse needed.
« on: December 10, 2011, 04:37:46 AM »

Does anyone use or know of a mouse (3 button or more) without a scroll wheel? I use some basic Logitech ones that are ok, but they clog up quite quickly and won't do for my new comp.  I hate scroll wheels but they seem to be fitted as standard these days, or when they are not present, they are on mice you'd get from Poundland.

Any ideas anyone?

For a PC BTW, not Mac.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: Mouse needed.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 01:05:41 PM »
Hmm, I don't really know of any right off hand.  I think the scroll wheel is a standard now so something like that would be hard to find.  I did a quick search but the  only newer mouse I could find with "no scrollwheel" was this Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (http://www.maximumcpu.net/archives/6492) which does have a scrollwheel per se but has a touch sensitive center strip instead.
--dweez

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 03:58:34 PM »
Here's a wired one.

It's getting 5-star reviews.  :o

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 04:51:18 AM »
Hmm, I don't really know of any right off hand.  I think the scroll wheel is a standard now so something like that would be hard to find.  I did a quick search but the  only newer mouse I could find with "no scrollwheel" was this Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (http://www.maximumcpu.net/archives/6492) which does have a scrollwheel per se but has a touch sensitive center strip instead.

That looks quite sexy although I think a little too delicate for my needs.  Interesting though.

Here's a wired one.

It's getting 5-star reviews.  :o

That is similar to the ones I use but with significant improvements.  I'm kinda pissed now as I had thought to opt for a 5 button G500 so I could program the other buttons, and trade off with the damn scroll wheel but that one you posted is just about perfect. The CAD user seems to agree in the reviews which is akin to what I will use it for.

Is there any way you can disable scroll wheels leaving just the button action?

Lastly, I did find this mouse but it's too expensive for me:

http://www.ergodirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=14026
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.