Author Topic: Don't cook, or drink 'fill in the blank'! It's ghastly :p  (Read 17296 times)

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
Don't cook, or drink 'fill in the blank'! It's ghastly :p
« on: January 15, 2011, 02:05:12 PM »
Don't drink chocolate cherry cordial beer! It tastes exactly like beer + chocolate cherry cordials. I don't know what possessed me to think it might be interesting :D

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Don't cook, or drink 'fill in the blank'! It's ghastly :p
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 02:38:20 PM »
Don't cook, eat, drink, smell, look at or even think of Marmite.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline redlandslide

• Site Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • "We want a shrubbery!"
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »
I like marmite.

Beetroot is another matter.  >:(

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 03:27:57 PM »
^ I always say I hate beets, and I don't think one has ever even passed my lips :D that's how yucky they are :P I know I hate them without ever eating them.

Offline xtopave

• Q
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 04:25:19 PM »
Don't ever cook with anise. (Except you're doing my grandma's pesti?os. You'll never do them that good anyway so bottom line is don't use it). Also stay away from arak, sambuca, and the like. Anise is ghastly.  ;D

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »
That would be your dislike of licorice then XTas all those thing listed have that distinct flavor. Of course I completely agree with you. Let me ask you this; do you like root beer, creme soda or dr pepper even?

Offline xtopave

• Q
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 02:04:38 PM »
Let me ask you this; do you like root beer, creme soda or dr pepper even?

Yuck to root beer and Dr. Pepper!! Cream Soda I've never tried. Would it be bc of that!?!?

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 02:09:42 PM »
Its a VERY consistant taste thing. I usually find when someone dislikes one they dislike all. One time, as an incredible cruel joke, I asked my daughter for a drink of her soda and she gladly gave me her Dr Pepper telling me it was Coke. AAARRRGGGGG!!!!! I had to spit it out of the window it grossed me out so much.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 02:21:11 PM »
Hate licorice with a passion.  Love root beer and cream soda but Dr. Pepper is the one drink I can't even stomach.  Carbonated prune juice is all it is.
--dweez

Offline xtopave

• Q
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 02:24:36 PM »
Now if someone invite me with cream soda I'll say no thanks!

Also something consistent but much easier to see: when someone doesn't like let's say broccoli they will probably won't like cabbage, cauliflower, brussels sprout and kale. Once I chased my husband around the house with a piece of cauliflower just to laugh at his face of disgust!

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 02:29:58 PM »
Cream soda is Vanilla flavoured, which has to be one of the world's best flavours.

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 02:48:02 PM »
Cream soda is Vanilla flavoured, which has to be one of the world's best flavours.

^ that's what it tastes like to me also.. and smoother then other soda.

but Dr. Pepper is the one drink I can't even stomach.  Carbonated prune juice is all it is.

^ it has a definite fruity taste

I hate anise. I spit a German Christmas cookie out in my hand in public one time :D It's the only time I've ever spit something out in public. I'd thought it was a Mexican wedding cookie. They look just alike, but one has anise, and the other doesn't ::)

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 03:24:05 PM »
Hate licorice with a passion.  Love root beer and cream soda but Dr. Pepper is the one drink I can't even stomach.  Carbonated prune juice is all it is.
I didnt say everyone has the same taste but it really happens more times than not.

Now if someone invite me with cream soda I'll say no thanks!
Might as well try it. dweez sets the example for strange inconsistencies. Of course, it is dweez.  ::)

Never stated what the flavor of creme soda was just said it tastes like poo. Add red pop to the list too. In the US there is a union between the two. Im sure Smokes will now enjoy pointing out that red pop is supposedly strawberry flavored. They are both nasty!! And the world best flavors dont appeal to my taste buds. Well, that one anyway.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 03:34:29 PM »
Might as well try it. dweez sets the example for strange inconsistencies. Of course, it is dweez.  ::)

Never stated what the flavor of creme soda was just said it tastes like poo. Add red pop to the list too. In the US there is a union between the two. Im sure Smokes will now enjoy pointing out that red pop is supposedly strawberry flavored. They are both nasty!! And the world best flavors dont appeal to my taste buds. Well, that one anyway.

:D

As for creme soda, of course my favorite (favourite for our non-US family) is the A&W Sparkling Vanilla creme soda but I really can't buy 2 liters of that because I find, once it's opened, it goes flat really quickly.
--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 03:43:09 PM »
:D

As for creme soda, of course my favorite (favourite for our non-US family) is the A&W Sparkling Vanilla creme soda but I really can't buy 2 liters of that because I find, once it's opened, it goes flat really quickly.

You can keep those little mineral water bottles when they're done and fill them with the soda.  If the lids are on tight they shouldn't go flat.