Author Topic: Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark (Broadway)  (Read 5674 times)

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark (Broadway)
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:00:54 AM »
I'm torn as to whether this is semi cool.. or flat out weird :P

November 16, 2010, 5:30 pm
Safety Inspectors to Assess More ?Spider-Man? Flying Sequences
By PATRICK HEALY

State safety inspectors are scheduled to visit Broadway?s Foxwoods Theater on Wednesday to assess more flying sequences that director Julie Taymor has conceived for the upcoming musical ?Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,? a New York State Department of Labor spokesman said on Tuesday.

So far the inspectors have seen 13 of the musical?s 27 flying sequences, a spokesman for the production said. The state must sign off on the flying sequences before they can be used in public performances, which were delayed this month because of the extent of the technical work on the $65 million show. Preview performances are now set to begin on Nov. 28, with an opening night scheduled for Jan. 11.

Two performers were injured this fall during separate demonstrations of one of the flying techniques. Ms. Taymor and the lead producer of the musical, Michael Cohl, have said that the flying sequences will be safe for both performers and audience members.

Offline subvinorosa

• Human
Re: Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark (Broadway)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 10:39:33 AM »
Who are the actors gonna be?

Offline jackalope21

• Homo Superior
  • Stalking Kristen Bell
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 06:21:05 PM »

going with flat out wierd
"Misa Misa"

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 07:53:46 AM »
The U2 angle makes sense.. Stories for Boys was one of their origianl songs.. and it makes sense to fall back on old roots. And.. it's sort of like an updated version of Peter Pan which has historically been a big crowd pleaser.. but.. it's still kinda odd for some reason. Mostly I guess because I don't see Peter Parker as the singing sort of guy :D   

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 08:58:38 AM »
Well, I never thought of Harry Potter to do full frontal nudity either, but that happened.
--dweez

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 11:19:10 AM »
Well, I never thought of Harry Potter to do full frontal nudity either, but that happened.

LOL.. hush up. You already have your front row Spidey tickets bought and sitting in your billfold :P

You mean in Equus? or in Deathly Hollows? In Equss though that's the actor, not the character ::)

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »
Yeah, Equus, and no matter what else he does in his career, he will always be Harry Potter.  Same as Butch Patrick is always Eddie Munster, Jerry Mathers is always the Beaver, and Danny Bonaduce is always Danny Partridge.
--dweez

Offline Skadi

• Homo Superior
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »
Actually my best bet is he'd be more like a Ron Howard and start directing instead.