Author Topic: Everybody falls asleep too early  (Read 8030 times)

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: Everybody falls asleep too early
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 02:00:04 PM »
I used to have issues falling asleep, even if I'm horribly tired.  It's gotten a lot (read as A LOT A LOT) better since I started taking some Melatonin shortly before laying down.  I used to take "Alteril", a combination of Melatonin, L-Trypophane, and Valeria Root, but I could get a bottle of just Melatonin, containing about 3 times as many pills, for like half or a third of the price of Alteril.  Noticed no difference after switching between the two.  Either way, I get to sleep easier and sleep more soundly now.
--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 02:11:29 PM »
I have always been a night owl and still am.  Life as a DJ suited me down to the ground as I used to go out at 1 - 2am and got back in at 9 or 10am.  I then used to sleep until about 2pm when the same hedonistic debauchery started all over again.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
I have always been a night owl and still am.  Life as a DJ suited me down to the ground as I used to go out at 1 - 2am and got back in at 9 or 10am.  I then used to sleep until about 2pm when the same hedonistic debauchery started all over again.

May the circadian rhythms go the fricking hell! Oh, the joys of youth...  :D
If it wasn't bc I have to wake up at 6:30 AM I'd go to bed at 2 in the morning. Wait a minute...last night I went to bed 1AM and fell asleep at about 2:30. Crap!

I started taking some Melatonin shortly before laying down.

It's good to hear it worked well for you. I've heard of people that tried it and it didn't work for them.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 04:50:17 PM »
Well there are so many reasons to not sleep well, it can only help so many people. I feel like I have part-time apnea... Lol like when my allergies are bad... Other times of year I have no idea what keeps me from sleep. (except now)