Author Topic: what surprised you today...  (Read 75230 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
Re: what surprised you today...
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2013, 09:56:02 AM »
dog fight at the park today between  two pitbulls. one wanted to play and the other one wanted to fight. the guy had to beat the other pit until she let go of his dog.

and then later another guy walking his pit off the leash let his dog run over to our dog group which is a group of small dogs. his dog wouldn't listen when he called her, she didn't seem aggressive but i know if a dog senses your scared or nervous , it can cause them to strike. I know not all pitbulls are bad and that any dog can attack for any reason, they are just animals. it just sucked. I'm not sure what I would do if another dog attacked mine. I  think me and my dog will be taking a little break from the park for a while.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2013, 11:31:32 AM »
Chalfont St. Giles is rhyming slang.

What for, "tiles"?
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2013, 11:38:10 AM »
dog fight at the park today between  two pitbulls. one wanted to play and the other one wanted to fight. the guy had to beat the other pit until she let go of his dog.

and then later another guy walking his pit off the leash let his dog run over to our dog group which is a group of small dogs. his dog wouldn't listen when he called her, she didn't seem aggressive but i know if a dog senses your scared or nervous , it can cause them to strike. I know not all pitbulls are bad and that any dog can attack for any reason, they are just animals. it just sucked. I'm not sure what I would do if another dog attacked mine. I  think me and my dog will be taking a little break from the park for a while.

Oh crap! Where Im from the aggressive dog and its owner would be extracted from the program if that happened. Here, dog parks are "members only" type places so that things like that can be tracked and corrected when necessary. VERY scary. Our last, and still alive in my heart, German Shepherd was a very loveable animal and on a walk once another shepherd got her by the neck and pinned her to the ground. I kicked the poo out of that dog. Only in hind site did I think, "what the hell did you just do?!?" Lol. Wont even elaborate on the story from that point but needless to say no one gave a poo what just happened even though they stood around and watched and didnt so much as lift a finger to help. Blood pressures going up.......... The End.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
in nyc not all parks have dog runs but all of them have off leash hours. I'm working on trying to get two dog runs in the park now. anyways it was off leash hours and the guys pit that attacked was on a leash, she isn't friendly and the pit that wasn't on the leash just wanted to play. I believe the guy with the dog on the leash told the guy to grab his dog but he didn't. his dog really should be muzzled. I don't think you did anything wrong by kicking that dog, you have to protect your family member. theres a guy that walks his dog in the park and his dog was attacked by pitbull and now he carries a stick with him whenever he walks his dog.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2013, 01:03:34 PM »
When I was three, my mother's parents had a German Shepherd which used to scare me (because it was a dog).  It used to chase me a lot, maybe because I used to run away from it every time it came near me, and everyone used to laugh at me.  I tried to tell them it was a game we played, but I don't think anybody believed me. :(

What for, "tiles"?
Google says piles :o
http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/slang/chalfonts_st_giles

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2013, 11:38:54 PM »
The new cat that I found went to the bathroom in the little box I set up in the bathroom.  But not the one with the torn shreds of newspaper I took time shredding, the one with the body pillow that I made for him to bed in... I made him sleep in there last night.  He did alright after an hour and I could finally fall asleep when he stopped crying.  I got him out first thing when I woke up and he didn't seemed fazed and had slept in the box.  Either way the litter box is in tact and he is eating well, looks very clean, I am just waiting on a poop now.  I've checked his rear, ears, and his body for whatever what have you, and he seems clean.  He's very good with the kids.  I named him Tomanthus Peter.  But we will call him Peter. 

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2013, 12:18:06 AM »
I found a good copy of Iron Man 3 and enjoyed it.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2013, 02:00:27 AM »
He pooped, soon as I went back to the litter box he started at it, and I saw that there were no worms and it seemed healthy.  SO, not only is he a very well mannered, litter box trained cat, but he is completely healthy too.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:04:24 AM by Beatrix »

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2013, 10:48:53 AM »
You put flyers up right? I would think that an awesome cat like that is probably displaced. I bet his/her owners are missing him.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2013, 01:27:26 AM »
woke up to another hot day.
Cycling again

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2013, 03:27:32 PM »
Yeah, you were right.  They wanted their cat back..  :'( :'( :'(

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2013, 10:31:40 AM »
I thought i was defrosting a chilli can carne
turned out to be some sort of chicken thing.
still go's nice with pasta and chilli and cheese

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2013, 05:38:15 PM »
This wasn't today, but I skipped breakfast yesterday and I'm just useless when that happens.

Yesterday, on my way home from the shops, I noticed a lady, about 15 metres away, wearing one of those thin material dresses with lots of colourful patterns walking towards me.  Maybe it was a floral pattern, I'm not entirely sure because her boob had fallen out and she didn't seem to care!  :o

What was she doing?!  Why would anyone would walk around flaunting their boob like that outside a protest!?  This was a busy High street after 1pm, it was full of people.  A couple of teenage girls behind me screamed when they saw her!  At least I think they did, I was listening to some gross(?) beats with my earphones.  A lot of the people around me were just staring at her (and blocking my path >:().  It's kind of funny how much space they were giving her.

Eventually, maybe 10 seconds later, she gave in and put it away.  But it was too late, I had already lost my innocence.

When she was about a couple metres behind me, it occurred to me that she probably didn't mean for her boob to fall out.  Judging by the jiggle, I think she was dance-walking/walk-dancing(?), and although I'm certain she wasn't wearing earphones, I've decided she had earphones on but didn't notice because her boob had fallen out.  Then I felt bad because everyone had seen her boob and she probably hadn't done her shopping yet.  She'll be walking up and down, buying what she needs to buy, knowing that at least 20 people and the CCTV men have seen her boob   (awkward!). :'(
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:39:59 PM by chekovsulu »

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!

Online dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2013, 11:13:07 PM »
I don't get it...was it an ugly boob?
--dweez

Offline mishca09

• Q