Site Related > Site Suggestions

Comics section.

(1/1)

8ullfrog:
I've pretty much stopped reading comics because they stopped delivering what I enjoy, but I've noticed these threads are fairly popular elsewhere, and I know several people here read comics.

So a halfhearted suggestion I guess. Comics man, remember when they were good?

Beatrix:
I read an Origin series on Wolverine that was really good.  There are two, maybe more, but I read another and it was decent as well.  I like the one about his childhood though, good stuff.  I have read a few other things I liked too.

smokester:
We have a board for comics but nowadays the original supporters of said board have moved on.

Personally, I have read more comics as an adult than I ever did as a kid.  But then, I had a bit of a Huckleberry Finn existence as a youth (never in the house and seldom dry).

dweez:
I'm in "waiting" mode right now with my comic reading.  Need to organize and get a huge arc(group of arcs) together.  Right now I'm just reading DCs Red Robin (which has forced me to read v3 Batgirl too as there was a bit of a tie-in and my OCD-tendencies won't let me miss anything).  I'm really enjoying DCs New 52 line too, although I'm confused as some seem to have brand new origins/background while others (Kyle Rayner for one) hasn't seemed to been altered at all.

BTW, I felt the "crises" leading up to the New 52, Flashpoint, was excellent.

8ullfrog:
Back when I could afford to go to comicon, I picked up a really nice high quality Captain America T. It was $35 and I was devastated when it was stolen a few months later (Was a seriously awesome shirt.)

Target does faded looking Captain America T's, but I've never cared for the distressed look in any form.

Recently, a new wal-mart opened nearby. Traffic went to poo, But I got a Captain America T that looks like the good one. It only cost eight bucks! Granted, it's a low quality T and will probably last about two months until the arm falls off in the washer, but it looks good.

For Marvel, I like the old Captain America books. Post 9/11 writers really didn't have a clue what to do with Cap, and it was a shame when they killed him off just to raise sales.

As to DC, I do not care for the relaunch. I didn't really care for it before either. When they pulled that stupid crap with Superboy Vs. Superboy they lost me completely. I like the characters, but not how the writers are using them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version