Author Topic: The (not so) new 52  (Read 7078 times)

Offline SourPies

• Australopithecus
The (not so) new 52
« on: August 29, 2012, 02:31:04 PM »
Hi all,

Any thoughts on DC's New 52 programme? As we're coming up to the first anniversary does anyone have any thoughts about the books or behind the scenes 'drama' that's been going on at DC?

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: The (not so) new 52
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 02:37:46 PM »
I don't know.  I still can't decide.  It seems some have new histories and some don't.  New Superman back story, but the "Lantern" books seem to be caring on as if Flashpoint never happened.

I'm still trying to read them all but for the most part, I'm in agreement on those that have already been canceled (Except for Resurrection Man...I really like that one).  It did add a new influx of excitement into the DC Universe and I hope the momentum lasts.
--dweez

Offline SourPies

• Australopithecus
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »
I think it's been a bit of a mess. A good idea done badly. You're right in saying there's no history. I learn things here and there, like Tim Drake was never Robin etc and of course George Perez leaving Superman because he wasn't allowed to do much because at the same time Grant morrison is re-defining the characater. There are a few books I get, but I've mostly ignored the rest.

I also miss Wally West.

I take it there aren't many comic book fans since mine was the first post here in over a year.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »
We still have some comic fans here but you're right, we're sorely lacking in that department.
--dweez