General Category > Food and Drink

Kickin' chicken?

<< < (6/6)

8ullfrog:
I know this is an act of necromancy, but I've just had my second can of Kickin' Chicken.

I suppose that goes to show how much I loved it the first time. I had a can of pub style chicken soup for dinner last night, and I quite enjoyed it They didn't skimp on the chicken, and the creamy broth was pleasant instead of thick and overfilling.

Everything I disliked about the first can of Kickin' chicken was present, but worse. They cut the amount of chicken EVEN MORE. Might as well call it Hint of Chicken soup.

I was looking forward to the sauce, but they actually appear to have made it spicier, which I said I wanted back in 2013.

I was wrong, every flavor is now destroyed by the spice. Even the potatoes taste bad.

The "Green mush" I mentioned in the last review actually turned out to be Celery, and thanks to the broth, it didn't taste like anything at all.

I suppose this is a good lesson in "Be careful what you wish for"

Obviously there won't be a third round, I'll not buy this poo again.

It is slightly darker now, more Home Depot Orange than Nickelodeon.

6pairsofshoes:
Is this a soup?  I tried looking it up and found a chicken feed supplement, Friskie's cat food, and soup.

I eat more canned soup than I should.  Mostly Progresso and Campbell's chunky and only a few flavors of each.  Mostly I prefer to make my own.  A little chopping and thrown in a pot for a few hours and it's fine.  Not expensive and nourishing.  Soup freezes well, too.

8ullfrog:
Yeah, it's in the chunky line. :P

https://www.amazon.com/Campbells-Chunky-Kickin-Buffalo-Style-Chicken/dp/B008JA7OP2

I notice that screenshot doesn't even have chicken chunks.

6pairsofshoes:
The only cream soup I've had in the Chunky line is New England Clam Chowder and while it's good, its got a seriously heavy calorie count.  Their gumbo is ok, but not as good as the Progresso, and my husband hates their version of split pea, which he used to enjoy.  Basically, they don't make very good canned soup.

I tend to get the tomato or clear broth based versions.  Progresso is better, I think.  Try their Chicken Corn Chowder and tell me what you think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version