Author Topic: Local News  (Read 83781 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Local News
« Reply #435 on: March 09, 2024, 02:21:05 AM »
First outing of the year for myself, Mrs Goldie and the Van.
Off for the night to a Tap house, music and food night at a place called "Church end Brewery" which is not too far away.  ;D

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #436 on: March 18, 2024, 06:58:05 AM »
Mother went in hospital Friday with suspected Pneumonia, Started seeing, children and people in coffins and at one point a circus troop. Very confused all the time. Doctors put her on a "Doll" list (cannot leave hospital and security would prevent her leaving the ward) due to her state
Had a Cat scan Sunday and found out she has advanced dementia. Doctors have said when she may improve in her usual environment ?
What a kick in the face out of no where.
Wife and daughter being fantastic as work in same hospital, Angels both of them and in fact the staff are great.

:-\ :-\

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #437 on: March 19, 2024, 08:24:45 AM »
Mother went in hospital Friday with suspected Pneumonia, Started seeing, children and people in coffins and at one point a circus troop. Very confused all the time. Doctors put her on a "Doll" list (cannot leave hospital and security would prevent her leaving the ward) due to her state
Had a Cat scan Sunday and found out she has advanced dementia. Doctors have said when she may improve in her usual environment ?
What a kick in the face out of no where.
Wife and daughter being fantastic as work in same hospital, Angels both of them and in fact the staff are great.

:-\ :-\

That's a really tough break and I hate it when one moment your life is one way, and the next it's on its head. It's something you can never get used to.

Good luck, goldie old pal, looks like your mother is going to need it.

PS, I moved this post to local news so that it was more independent.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #438 on: March 19, 2024, 08:45:50 AM »
Sorry to hear this goldie. Life really knows how to kick you in the teeth sometimes. Glad it sounds like you have a good support base but still, sucky.
--dweez

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #439 on: March 22, 2024, 09:27:02 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your mother, goldie.  This is a really difficult thing to deal with since your mother is still living but slowly going away.  I feel for you.

We spent a year caring for my husband's father before he passed away.  I don't know why there seems to be a rash of this malady, but both his parents suffered from it.  The only positive thing about it is that these patients seem to thrive as long as they are well fed and cared for by people who love them, so it sounds like you are in a good place there.