Author Topic: Ninja Master Prep.  (Read 3831 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Ninja Master Prep.
« on: February 09, 2013, 07:33:20 PM »
I've been put off osters due to the BPA warnings and the fact that they won't answer the question when asked if their blenders have BPA.

So that kicks me up into a fairly uncomfortable price bracket. You want a BPA free blender, you're gonna have to pay more than $20 for your blender. I looked and looked, and decided $400 is bless'ed ridiculous for a blender.

Ended up settling. I was going to buy the $90 ninja blender, but figured why not give a lower tier model a shot. So I picked up the master prep.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ninja-Master-Prep-Food-Processor/14895654

This thing takes ice and turns it into snow. I thought it was hype from the commercial and it annoyed me, why would they call shaved ice snow?

So I ran the thing. Snow.

Even the smaller food processor kills. KILLS.

I don't even mind that the motor mounts on the top of the blender, it actually results in easier cleanup, no poo gets in the motor.

Solid recommendation here.

Offline xtopave

• Q
Re: Ninja Master Prep.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 06:47:24 AM »
Nice! I always wanted a blender that can really process ice. The one I have pretty much slowly dissolves the ice by stirring.  ::)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:51:42 PM »
Interesting stuff about the BPA and Phthalates as I'd heard them coined before, but wasn't exactly sure what the problem was/is.  I'm more clued up now as this thread kind of persuaded me to research them.

Nice blender too, however, it is sold by JML over here which will usually give it the kiss-of-death.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 07:40:19 PM »
From what I've learned, most products of this grade are MIC and then they slap some brand name on them. As long as they get the job done it could be called Mickey the felon's discount whopper chopper and I'd still buy it.

Seriously, this thing bless'ed decimates ice. If you want just a few drinks you can toss about half a tray in the food processor unit.

If you're throwing a party, you can drop two trays of ice cubes in the blender pitcher easy. and it's done in about 3 seconds. When I read that in the instruction manual I was like "psssh, that always takes like a whole minute in my shithouse blender. sure enough I dropped the ice in and pressed the top, and BAM it was snow.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »
they had a demo at a food store and they made walnut something ice cream. it was amazing will it would have been if I could eat walnuts.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 08:40:07 PM »
Can you drink milk?

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 08:59:16 PM »
yep does that have something to do with walnut allergies?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 06:43:41 PM »
No, but you only really need the ingredient you want to ice creamize and milk.

You toss four ounces of milk in the blender, an amount of ice you determine, and the ingredient.

And it comes out ice cream. But eat it then, if you put it in the freezer it re-solidifies.