Author Topic: SimSality  (Read 4154 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
SimSality
« on: April 04, 2013, 12:18:24 AM »
So I had a horrible idea. You know how the new sim city is all bent up with always on DRM? I thought about having a multiplayer sims game. It'd be like having a virtual roommate, without laws.

You know people would be burning their houses down to escape each other.

I remember back in Sims 1 days, my cousin had a bunch of downloaded character models, and was roommates with the Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. No one liked Nemesis and he was constantly crying. When my cousin burned the kitchen down and ran out of the house, Nemesis just stood there and died. He knew no one liked him.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
Re: SimSality
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:21:48 AM »
I actually invested a ton of time into The Sims, and The Sims Deluxe edition (where you could create people and outfits)
I had all the expansion packs, yeah.  See I made entire neighborhoods of people, then made entire vacation resorts with hotels and shopping centers.  I made cities, and neighborhoods, loved designing houses with it.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 07:38:44 AM »
I miss playing the sims.

Poor nemesis. :(

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 01:19:36 PM »
I like sims 3 for mobile devices, its addicting and fun to play.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 08:46:49 PM »
I loaded the sims 3 back up, and paying attention to all the little poo reminded me how lax I've been around my own home.

So I smashed up an old entertainment center that was just taking up room, added 3 square feet to the room, dropped the couch back, now we have room for wii fit. Sims really like space, and I figure that I will too.

Chucked out all the garbage bins around the house and sprayed em out with a hose because no one here has ever done that, and GAH was it nasty.

Kitchen sink has a slow leak, roommate solution was pan underneath. I'm thinking of tackling that tomorrow, but I can't pop up to the military base for handiness classes as in the sims :P

Other thing I need to do is clean out the dining room which has become an ad-hoc laundry storage area and actually make a dining room. Can't just pop into the sims shop for chairs though :(

I love how modular all the poo is in the sims. Don't like your bathtub? tear that poo out and pop in a new one. Elapsed time? five seconds.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:48:37 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 05:28:21 AM »
I'd like to study french in 30 seconds.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 09:02:48 AM »
I'd like to study french in 30 seconds.

Does this mean that 30 seconds from now you would like to study French?  Or you only want to devote 30 seconds to the task?  It's not clear.  If it's the latter, my advice is to wait to be reincarnated as a French person and learn it as a child.  It will be more effective and you won't notice the expenditure of energy it will take.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »
To answer your question six, B likely wants to absorb French language knowledge, and she'd like to do so in 30 seconds by thumbing through a skill book.

It's not actually 30 seconds in sims time, it usually takes 3 hours to progress one tick in a skill, and until you hit level five, mistakes will be made, possibly deadly mistakes.

So using that level of understanding it would take 15 hours to learn a language. But Sims only speak Simlish, so french wouldn't really an option.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 07:52:46 PM »
Frannaheh.