Author Topic: Is anyone else really excited for Bioshock Infinite?  (Read 11162 times)

Offline tarascon

• Cro-Magnon
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Re: Is anyone else really excited for Bioshock Infinite?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 09:25:35 PM »

[/quote]

Now I am really, really old and if being a Longbow man at the Battle of Hastings counts as a FPS, then that was my first.

^ She's reading The Principles of Quantum Mechanics. I love her.
Estragon: I can't go on like this.
Vladimir: That's what you think.

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 09:29:37 PM »
Now I am really, really old and if being a Longbow man at the Battle of Hastings counts as a FPS, then that was my first.

Ahh, the oft neglected game genre of French Person Shooter!

Offline tarascon

• Cro-Magnon
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 09:31:40 PM »
^ Nice save. lol

^^ That is one whacked looking game.
Estragon: I can't go on like this.
Vladimir: That's what you think.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 09:36:17 PM »
You can put either the full URL or just the code (for your video the code is the "zvIU1e7k7Oc") between the youtube BBCode tag shown below:
Code: [Select]
[youtube][/youtube]
Also, if you're in Full Edit mode, as opposed to the Quick Edit box at the bottom of the thread, you get more BBCode buttons, one being the YouTube button.  Just copypasta the url or code into your post, highlight it, click the button, and it automagically wraps the url/code in the YouTube

Thanks. I was using the share button from YouTube and inserting that in between the code. Which I thought was the URL, but apparently... Nope.

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 02:42:36 AM »
So far I am underwhelmed by the game. I'm predicting this is my usual "Oh no! It's different from what I'm used to! Why can't everything be the same as it was?" phase and after playing a while and getting adjusted to the more open, less oppressive atmosphere I'll I learn to love it. I hope so.

One thing about it I know I will never like is the two weapon limit. The other games let you carry all the weapons you'd collected thus far and access them at any time. The stupid two weapon limit is just a ridiculously awful idea made popular by CoD and Halo and I don't like it. No sir, I don't like it at all (the weapon limit, not the game itself).

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »
Do you still feel underwhelmed ? I'm tempted to get it because the commercials seem really cool but you said you can only carry two weapons which sucks, from the commercial it seems like the main character has some type of super powers?

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »
The commercial runs every break after a certain time on some channels, and I have to say it looks really tempting even though I ain't really a FPS guy.

Maybe I'll just watch the ad on YouTube over and over to get my kicks.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 05:05:54 PM »
:) you could watch those YouTube videogame walkthrough those are fun from time to time.

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 06:11:58 PM »
I've found that it's not really my type of game, that somehow whatever made the other Bioshock games great and fun and exciting for me is missing in this game, and that sucks for me. However, the overwhelming majority of other people who have played it are loving it and excited by it, so I don't think anyone should judge the game based on my opinion.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 06:14:47 PM »
so do you think you will finish it or move on to something else?

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »
I'm almost finished I think. I keep failing a big "boss battle" type of level that seems like I am close to the end, but I haven't actually finished it yet. I'm going to finish it eventually.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 01:18:58 PM »
I played 1 and 2, feel like I should play Infinate too. I think I read somewhere that Big Daddy is gone.

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 08:03:38 PM »
Yup. Big Daddy is gone as well as Little Sisters (and Big Sisters) and the "hacking" parts are gone as well. Most of the stuff from Rapture is gone and it is a completely different game now. Fortunately, the Plasmids (now called Vigors) are still available.

Offline SACPOP

• Human
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 03:59:58 AM »
So, I finally went back and played all the way through Infinite, and it was really disappointing to me. The last half of the game was purely just maintenance, just going through the motions to say I finished it, and I even ended up putting it on Easy to get through the last battle because I had zero interest in doing that over and over til I got it right. The ending pissed me off because it reminded me what the game could have been. Oh well. It was free.

Offline chekovsulu

• Human
  • With powers of hawk, wolf, puma and bear.
    • TITLE!
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »
All the internet says it is a good game.  I'm just waiting for it to become super-duper cheap (like me).

Now Zoidberg is the popular one!