Author Topic: A Sort of funny pet story.  (Read 3139 times)

Offline mishca09

• Q
A Sort of funny pet story.
« on: March 30, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »
Today while walking my dog , he met a feisty female shihtzu. They checked each other out and then she started to hump him like he was a female and she was a male. Her owner said "she is trying to teach him what to do".I'm not to sure about that, but my dog didn't like it and nipped at her and he looked at me with his eyes and told me he was finished with his walk and it was time to go.

I think she was just being dominate but maybe she was trying to teach him something.I thought it was funny because it was so unexpected and strange.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
Re: A Sort of funny pet story.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 06:50:59 AM »
Her owner said "she is trying to teach him what to do".

Really? Ummnn... I'm not so sure. I'll ask a veterinarian when I come across one. But it's not the 1st time I see something like that. Involving dogs, that is.  ;D

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:44:51 AM »
Ive seen it MANY times. I dont think it has to do with teaching the male, I think mating is a trait at the foremost part of most animals brain and my guess is she never had sex and is probably fixed and never will. Just a thought.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 09:47:48 AM »
Really? Ummnn... I'm not so sure. I'll ask a veterinarian when I come across one. But it's not the 1st time I see something like that. Involving dogs, that is.  ;D
Let know what the Vet says.
Ive seen it MANY times. I dont think it has to do with teaching the male, I think mating is a trait at the foremost part of most animals brain and my guess is she never had sex and is probably fixed and never will. Just a thought.

Her owner said she wasn't fixed.

Offline Discover99

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »
When I had a dog I learned that humping behavior is to show dominance over other dogs

Offline ohcheap1

• Q
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »
Now THAT I can total see.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 08:44:31 PM »
I tried it at work and got reprimanded.