Author Topic: Wii Fit  (Read 8625 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Wii Fit
« on: April 05, 2013, 05:23:55 PM »
I hooked the wii fit up, haven't actually used it since 2009. Funny enough, my weight has been mostly stable since that time, I've gained 7 pounds in five years. Hopefully it won't take that long to lose the weight!

I'm four pounds obese, which was depressing, and my balance has gone to poo. I dropped a 30 minute session, and my legs feel like ground hamburger.

I don't really care for the tightwalk game. I brought my skill up in the ski event, and took a lot of shoes to the head in the soccer ball bounce.

The bubble roll though? That's my poo! I went from not charting all the way up to first place! (An old roommate was a yoga instructor and set the skill bar impossibly high on all the events to be a richard.) I don't know if he just didn't like the event, or if I actually improved my balance that drastically in a half hour, but either way it made me feel like a boss.

Offline mishca09

• Q
Re: Wii Fit
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »
bubble roll and tight rope were my least favorite. my favorite is/was time marathon and the snow ball fight. I haven't played in a long time though.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
Got it, haven't used it yet. Perhaps soon since I cut my work hours.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 09:58:07 PM »
Hmm, I've always considered it but never got it.  Is it worth it?  Is there an equivalent (or better) fitness type "game" for PS3?  (I know I'd have to get the "Move" stuff too).
--dweez

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 10:25:12 PM »
Dweez, it's worth buying NOW, and I mean that in the used sense. I got it back when it was released on the condition that my roommates at the time would kick in. (They did not.) Previously we'd all kicked in for Sims 3 CE (I got the plumbob) so I thought they'd be good for it.

Like all excercise equipment, 99% of people will buy it, use it for a short period of time, and then put it in a closet somewhere. The path to success is consistency (I am a hypocrite.)

I never bought the PS3 because it is still cowpoo expensive. The only reason I got a 360 at launch was because I was working at CompUSA, and I made the money back in about a week. (Jesus, if I had $400 to burn now I'd probably go to the dentist)

Bubble roll is a madam after you hit the Vodak.

I did the free step at maximum pace and it made my body cry.

Autumn, Kudos to you stepping up to a poo boss.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:54:26 PM »
Thanks, I really appreciate that because it was hard! She knows me too well and tried to give me the guilt trip that I usually fall for, but I held to my guns.

I'm hoping to lose weight by using my fit, joining my local pool and with the weather warming up, taking walks with my little girl.

Maybe I can regain some sanity. Maybe.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 11:10:46 PM »
I used to have a pool. Having a pool is awesome. I liked to use weights to stay under as long as possible and just look up. Scared the poo out of my mom.

I don't even have access to a pool, just a scary ass ocean.

Your boss really does suck, and you must be a saint to put up with that poo. I had a boss who tried to write me up for being late to work. He had called me in. On my day off. After working the night shift. As soon as he said he was writing me up, I told him he wasn't, and that I quit. Then I drove home. The Night shift manager was awesome though, I loved working night shift. I made that store SPARKLE.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 11:24:08 PM »
I do have a lot of patience. Also, some say I'm naive for it, but I try to always see the best in people I know.

What were you doing at that job that left it sparkly?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 12:02:51 AM »
Mopping up blood. Among other fun tasks.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 12:06:21 AM »
What the heck kinda store was it?!?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 04:59:35 PM »
Supermarket. Lots of blood.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 05:49:14 PM »
 :o ??? :-X

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 06:51:32 PM »
Mopping up blood.

Supermarket. Lots of blood.

My wallet bleeds when I go to the supermarket. But that's pretty neat. Not a drop spilt on the floor.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 09:16:28 PM »
Chicken blood is worse than cow blood.

Offline Autumn

• Account on hold
  • Cro-Magnon
  • No regrets
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 09:21:12 PM »
Odd statement, but how so?