Author Topic: What are you Not doing right now?  (Read 69974 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: What are you Not doing right now?
« Reply #330 on: May 11, 2019, 10:40:44 AM »
Evidently, thing I haven't been doing for quite a while is posting. Been reading a lot here but never seem to have enough time to write. Should really change that.

Anywho. Currently I am not, not posting.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2019, 01:20:24 PM »
Nobody does anymore. Where the hell is everyone? WTF! Well, I guess I have no place to madam, I was on hiatus myself for several years. I only get 1 day off and with my job, you BETTER get your rest. When you haul 70,000 lbs., you are not only responsible for yourself, you are responsible for everyone else on the road. People expect you to be responsible, and I am. Very! I'm always reminding the younger drivers, "If you have to take a nap, pull over and take a Goddamned nap!".
Anyway, thank you Six & 8ully for keeping me company in my hour of need (even with the inevitable rejoinders, lol). 1 more month, UGH! I know some guys at work are going to rip on me for not milking it longer. Which I know I could. A lot longer. No thanks. That's just me. Besides, our new contract just got passed last week (thank God). We got a decent raise and I want to hop back in the saddle.

Right now? I am enjoying some pistachios and a cup of joe. Watching....what the hell am I watching? (I left the remote in the dining room, ugh!). National Geographic; 'Life & Death Row'. Holy poo, 'Parks & Recreation' is on. *click*
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:38:57 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2019, 07:18:00 PM »
Haha, smokes this guy didn't know you're big boss round these parts.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2019, 12:08:44 PM »
I miss you, smokes.  Hope you are agreeably occupied with work and fun stuff with your family.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2019, 10:38:52 AM »
I'm NOT going to a birthday party today.  >:(  Simple patch and go isn't going to work this time. Oh well, another B-Day party on the 2nd. I will give him his presents then. He's 2 so he won't know the difference. lol

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2019, 10:47:14 PM »
Season Finale of Barry isn't up on my streaming source. >:|

Game of what now? a book series, I don't see how that's relevant.

Good luck with those tornadoes unspawning schmoogs, and golly those things in general, got no reason to exist.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2019, 11:22:20 PM »
Oh yeah, that's it on GOT. Are they going to continue with another season next year? poo, you know what? I forgot to watch Kill Bill Vol. 2. lol  Have to watch it tomorrow, I mean today (it's 1:30 here). I have Roku on now. Haven't used it in over 2 years since I bought nVidia SHIELD. Checking out stuff on Tubi. Looks like if you're really into boobs, Tubi is where it's at. lol I would probably spend hours on this channel when I was your age. lol Anyway, I've always been a leg man. WTH am I going on about? I need to go to bed.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2019, 11:42:46 PM »
er, I'm 34.  I'd say get a good rest in for KB2, it's quite the ride. As to GOT, they made Dany Hitler. Gave her a big red flag backdrop.

christ called the overly Nazi baddie in The Force Awakens Adolph Weasley, and this wasn't much better.

Seriously, WHY was Jon Snow resurrected? Like, you could say it was to rally the North, but they didn't much care for him past "Da King In Da Norf".

I really am sad. Like, a lot of the time, I don't like or agree with what a show does, or the direction it goes down, but this was just DUMB.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #338 on: May 20, 2019, 01:38:14 AM »
Rejoicing in the fact that I spent the last hour and a half watching GoT.

Believe me, the ending to Diablo Guardían was so much better. 

and one final thing:  Arya Starck, soon to appear on the next season of The Expanse, because, who can say exactly what's west of Westeros?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #339 on: May 20, 2019, 01:49:39 AM »
God damn did they golly that up.

I mean back when GOT had decent writers, Arya saw the sheer desperation that Gendry was, while still trying to help her and put on a brave front, and offered to be his family.

Post Murder Academy Arya? NOPE, golly THAT, I'M OFF TO DIE ON A RANGING LIKE UNCLE BENJEN!

I got into demonoid for HL2 beta content around 2003. So, Senior year of high school? I remember the official game unlocking, I got to the bit with the vortigaunt, and then I had to GO TO SCHOOL.

I had a hangover before I ever had a single alcoholic drink.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2019, 02:04:33 AM »
I am NOT sleeping. I tried, oh well. It's 4 am. Not that that matters. lol
Well, yeah, I guess your not a kid anymore Bully.

Had to turn the AC off. It's 57 out. That's good I guess. On the electric bill that is.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 02:06:19 AM by Schmoogsley »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #341 on: May 20, 2019, 02:28:42 AM »
Now I'm mad.

Like, how I would have done it, if S8 is just, how things have to be.

Have Jon succumb. HOLY golly THAT WOULD BE GLORIOUS. We've been told for how long "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention"

So Give Jon the Happy ending. Yeah, Sansa and bran would be bent, but at this point, who CARES?

Give Dany and Jon their stupid little love affair. Everyone else dies. Would have actually been a badass ending. Fire and blood, song of ice and fire, whatever the golly you want to call it. Targaryens are monsters, NO poo.

A narcissistic love affair under dragon fire.

Tyrion would be totes bent though. No way does he survive if Aegon bows to Dany.

Like, Westeros SUCKS. It's not even debatable, the rest of the world just looks at them and says "yuck".

Gah, bless'ed Sam still gets to write his stupid book then. Just deny him his house and send him to the citadel. With the unsullied, because the maesters totally killed the dragons in the first place, and need to die.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH. Like I can't write for poo, but I could have written myself out of the corner D&D bent themselves into.

I don't know, are unhappy endings just what we get now? Or sequel hooks?

golly, even Halo 3 did it better. You got put into stasis, with an unholy nightmare possible on the other side.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #342 on: May 20, 2019, 06:51:25 AM »
eh, at least none of them ever wrote a fanfic where an Ewok naffs the tailpipe of a speeder bike?

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #343 on: May 20, 2019, 08:19:13 AM »
Bully is 34 and Chewy is dead. WTF? I'm not doing anything right now. Just woke up, thinking how old I am. Thanks Bully. At least I don't require Geritol yet.
No coffee for me today. I know I said I was gonna stop yesterday but I lied. Just water today. Jeez, for an old guy, I sure act like a baby.  :-[

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #344 on: May 22, 2019, 04:41:14 PM »
Had to turn AC back on. That's probably it til Fall. Enjoyed those $70.00 electric bills while they lasted.