Author Topic: Cellphone simulation.  (Read 3697 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Cellphone simulation.
« on: May 06, 2013, 04:24:52 PM »
I want to customise the SMF mobile theme that's available to match our design, but I am having problems finding a solution to preview it for iOS.  Android is ok as the development kit will allow me to simulate it and for it to connect to my localhost, but iOS simulation on a windows machine is proving much harder.

Anyone know of a way I can simulate iOS on Windows and get it to see my localhost?

I may just go back to the app idea but this would be a nice idea in the meantime.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
Re: Cellphone simulation.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »
There is an iOS emulator that is available to those who pay for the developer's license (which I believe is priced pretty high but I haven't looked too deep into it).  I believe it's part of the iOS SDK so if you can <fingerquote>find</fingerquote> that, you should be able to get it.
--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Cellphone simulation.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »
Apple have a free entry level "developer (Click "Register for free") but I don't know if that allows access to the iOS SDK (although I am led to believe that it does). As you may have guessed, I am not a software developer, I am more of a "Consumer".

I forgot, you are likely on Windows. The iOS DevKit is part of XCode, and doesn't run (natively) on Windows.

This may help.

I like it.  I can open Safari within Safari - but will it connect to my localhost I wonder?
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.