Author Topic: Meatball sub.  (Read 3292 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Meatball sub.
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »
I'm kinda slumming it after the golden feast of last night.
Right then

You will need (Prep gear)

Microwave
Bowl
Cheese grater
pepper shaker (or just one of those self serve pepper things)

You will need (Ingredients)

Bag of Smart and final beef meatballs (All beef, do not buy the chicken mixed ones)
You don't need to use the whole bag, and you can chop them in half if the bread gives you trouble. I suppose you could also half the meatballs to stretch the supply.

2 loaf bread. I got these at the local foodie store. They tend to be horribly expensive, but it was 8 pm so I got both for a dollar. I suppose you could substitute steak rolls.

Roll of mozzarella. Sell by date was tomorrow, so I got it for a dollar. That's a bless'ed steal for mozzarella.

Jar of marinara sauce. Yeah, you could step it up to something better, but this saves time. I just used a Barilla.

Banana peppers. Sweet, spicy, love on a sandwich. Vlasic brand.

Onion. Plenty diced up last night, so why not.

Salt
Pepper

Directions

Defrost your meatballs and mix them in the sauce, bringing to appropriate temperature.
Grate the mozzarella

Slice the bread at a downward angle to prevent spillage. I'm not sure how to diagram this in text.

put the meatballs in their new home, and apply generous but not sloppy amount of sauce.

drop the cheese however you like

apply the onion, then the peppers.

Make the spice flow.

Fold sandwich shut, cut or serve as is.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Meatball sub.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:30:30 AM »
You have all the instincts of a budding chef, 8ully.  Ever think of doing it professionally?