Author Topic: What video game(s) are you playing?  (Read 57092 times)

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
Re: What video game(s) are you playing?
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2016, 10:27:28 PM »
Finished Shadow Warrior, playing Manhunt 2.

I started this game a couple years ago and gave up because using a keyboard cramps the back of my hand and the game doesn't support a gamepad. I'm using the Pinnacle Profiler so I can use a controller in my left hand to navigate and a mouse in my right hand to shoot.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2016, 01:24:23 PM »
Fallout 3 goty 360 is on sale everywhere but gamestop... who are the only people who have it in stock.

Even xbox live taunts me with discounts!

Meh, car comes back tomorrow.

If it wasn't cash, I'd have ordered it from walmart for $13.

UPDATE: Gamestop does not price match, so I left.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:56:59 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »
Make some room for your PC, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition is $12.00 on Steam. (Offer ends October 25)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2016, 08:22:30 PM »
I have two copies for PC. One retail, and later someone bought me it on steam.

Right now I'm thinking walmart.com

Funny enough, the retail and steam version used the same files, so I "preloaded" it.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2016, 09:09:41 PM »
I'm ate up with Borderlands, played them all, with all the different characters, on Xbox and PC. I finally talked my gal into playing Borderlands 1 co-op with me (she's played BL2 and The Presequel with me on both platforms). I bought it on Steam for her. Tuesday and Wednesday are her days off and I hope I can get her fired up.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2016, 01:11:59 AM »
Nice. I'm doing the Indiana Jones questline in Oblivion. Never knew the ayelid kings were vampires. That explains the fall of their empire.

I figure the orsinium invasion failed because all orcs are bless'ed rude idiots.

Aside from gram bro yogurt who runs slash and smash, I have little use for orks.

The book store in leyawiin is amusing though "buy a damn book or get out!"

I also like how he bitches while you ring up your purchases "all the other orks think I'm a wuss, screw them!"

Really surprised I never found the indiana jones questline before, but I bless'ed hate full map fetch quests, and the first part requieres you to hit up ten different ruins.

I did find it amusing when my employer said "it's clear you're not just a run of the mill tomb raider!

And of course, the thrift shop being called "good as new" is funny as poo. Bethesda must  be goodwill addicts like me.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #171 on: November 09, 2016, 07:34:11 PM »
As much as I hate Uplay I snatched Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon for free from Ubisoft. Just started playing it.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2016, 09:45:12 PM »
I'm stuck. I want to get the achievement for investing in all the shops, but the next guild mission results in one of the shops exploding.

It's bad enough the fighters guild questline had me save a town, then get high on sap and kill all the residents (they appeared as monsters)

Leveling merchantile takes forever, and there is no fun way to do it. At least with the magic skill I could launch low level skills, but with merchantile, there is no visible progress between levels.

I hear blood dragon is good fun.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2016, 09:52:48 AM »
I hate protect missions. I'm picking off the enemy 1 - 2 - 3 - 4... and the AI scientist I'm supposed to protect runs out in the middle of it and gets killed. 3 times so far. I'm ready to rage quit.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #174 on: November 11, 2016, 06:16:01 PM »
I've wiped out castle skingrad several times rescuing amusei from the castle staff, even picked up a title - slop drudge.

At leas t in bethesda games you can tell the npc to wait in a safe area, but sometimes you have to bear down with ammunition and be a moving wall of death.

In another thread, I talked about trying to power level the mercantile skill, something the designers seem to have discouraged. Rather than go by gold spent, they go by sales made. Not amount sold, but transactions. So 200 arrows at once would be one sale, when one arrow sold 200 times would count as 200 sales.

I read that the magic number is 25550 transactions. Thankfully, I already knew about the per item sales strategy, and power leveled alchemy.

I was sitting on a lot of gold, and a lot of dead bandit arrows. There are specific caves that only hold bandits, so getting 1000 iron arrows was easy. I sold arrows while listening to music, and eventurally crossed the invisible threshold where I can now proceed.

Not much fun, I'd rather do an insta-fail stealth mission or sneak some retarded npc's on a field trip.

I saw your tip qbout skyrim, but I've got it on 360 and PC. I'll probably play something a bit more modern, with guns and cars next, the olden times setting is starting to get to me, no matter how awesome my mage is.

What I'd really like to do is dump my mage in fallout 3. One of my starting spells would undo the main questline. Oh? You want me to irradiate myself to death while my supermutant or ghoul follower watches on? Summon skelleton!
 Flip that switch Mr. Bones!

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #175 on: November 11, 2016, 06:36:20 PM »
I'm only getting 20 ~ 25 FPS in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition with fairly high specs and only a couple mods. The Legendary Edition runs at 60+ FPS with a ton of mods. We got the Special Edition free if we had all the DLC (Legendary Edition), I did. I'm about burned out on it anyway.

i7 4790K (overclocked to 4.4GHz)
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
GTX 980 Ti (overclocked)
Steam is on a 500GB SSD

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2016, 09:18:11 PM »
I heard they really bent up on the port. Videogamdunkey tore them a new one by just showing water to that epic theme. It's true though, when valve ported hl1 to source they crowed about the upgraded graphics, but it was just the water.

I dunno, maybe developers have a hard on for water.

Personally, I don't mind fog as a draw distance crutch, but I've only given a poo about water in a game when it's a problem, like the murkiness filter in oblivion. Pointless layer of complexity.

I'm playing sr3 just to clear the mercantile burnout from obliv. It's a fun game, but heli assault is straight up cowpoo, and I'm glad I don't have to do it for story progression.

poo like heli assault makes me want to call someone and say "guy who came up with heli assault? Yeah, fire him. Unless he also came up with the septic truck minigame. If it is the same guy, he gets a raise, but has to eat cat food for lunch."

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2016, 10:55:37 AM »
I think it was Saints Row IV where there was a mission where you had to follow and protect your crew, in a car, from a chopper with a rocket launcher, then when they were on foot with a sniper rifle. I got so frustrated I quit the game several times before I finally cleared the mission.

I'm almost done with Duke Nukem Forever.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2016, 02:51:28 PM »
I started the android version of Ravensword Shadowlands on Thursday. Reckon I'll be finished my tomorrow.

Pretty good for a mobile game.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2016, 08:51:56 AM »
I started the android version of Ravensword Shadowlands on Thursday. Reckon I'll be finished my tomorrow.

Pretty good for a mobile game.

Very easy final boss. Hardly a boss at all. More of a line manager.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.