Author Topic: What video game(s) are you playing?  (Read 57047 times)

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
Re: What video game(s) are you playing?
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2017, 10:23:37 PM »
But skyrim legendary editor at wally world for 10 bucks. Haven't played yet. Hope I like it

If you have that game on PC (with all the DLC) you get The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition free. I like it. Don't know if you can actually finish it. Big game.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2017, 11:03:38 AM »
I actually don't care for the Special Edition.  I like the PC-based menus better.  Other than that (and with the better graphics mods), the SE doesn't really have anything over on the original PC version (my opinion only, of course).
--dweez

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2017, 11:53:12 AM »
Not for pc. For ps3. Hoping to get a pc later this year. But i don't know how to do modding. Sounds difficult

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2017, 01:49:19 PM »
Depends on the mods. Pretty sure skyrim has a launcher, which lets you decide what gets loaded with a simple checklist.

I started over and decided to level alchemy by making invisibility potions. Expensive ones use

1 Charrus egg
1 Namira's Rot
1 Luna Moth Wing

There is a cave called chillwind depth which has 43 namira's rot, and I picked up 105 Charrus eggs. Luna moth glow, and can be collected in fields at night.

I forgot how squishy a starter mage was. I died a lot and ended up sending Lydia in to go rampage on the falmer. Charrus hit like a mix between a cazador and a yao gui, but I have a self healing spell.

Lydia is gonna sue me for a literal unsafe working environment, but I eventually stopped putting arrows in the back of her head.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2017, 05:45:03 PM »
Not for pc. For ps3. Hoping to get a pc later this year. But i don't know how to do modding. Sounds difficult

I use Nexus Mod Manager for finding mods and installing them. Makes it very simple.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/modmanager/?
--dweez

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2017, 10:33:28 PM »
Thanks guys ... I'm only at level 2. Any suggestions?  I decided on imperial .... was that a bad choice ?

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »
True be told, it doesn't really matter.  While it's the "main" story, with all the side missions and DLC, it probably factored in for me about 5% of the time...maybe.  Just enjoy and have fun.  Pick the style of play you like best and go at it. It's a HUGE game.
--dweez

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2017, 09:44:04 PM »
I use Nexus Mod Manager for finding mods and installing them. Makes it very simple.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/modmanager/?

Same... I use it with Fallout 4 too. Haven't modded Fallout: New Vegas. Same as last time I played it I'm having a problem choosing a faction. I think I should try to kill them all. :-\

With Fallout 4 you can subscribe to mods right on the console. Skyrim is probably like that too.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2017, 11:46:25 PM »
Didn't Sony shoot down mods for fo4?

I still remember how pissed craigsters was that a mod made dead people naked. He complained about the dicks. Hah.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #219 on: August 15, 2017, 06:34:13 PM »
Deadlight: Director's Cut is free at GOG

It's a zombie game.

https://www.gog.com/game/deadlight_directors_cut

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2017, 02:06:09 AM »
Just wrapped up gta V, it was a blast, but I feel like games these days are intentionally short to pad out the dlc. Watching the credits, I saw places in San Andreas I never visited. The removal of los venturas and san fierro hurt. Really hurt. golly the fresno and salt lake they added, hell I'd be happy if san fierro got the North Yankton treatment. Just one chase across that bridge...

The heists were dope. I felt invested, and never cheated. Lester was a cold fool, but he pulled his weight.

Trevor...

Trevor never paid off. He went from a growing inferno to "maybe the other two should kill him off, to protect themselves".

His heist is pointless, and derails his dream, as described in the road trip to vinewood.

After that, it's just a grudge against merryweather security.

Franklin got the most payoff, and it wasn't even through the main storyline. By buying the cab company, he makes something of himself, and only has to work one day a week. Not bad for a "legitimate" business man.

Michael is a god damn tragedy. He realizes his true dream in life, finds the son he wishes he had, and then is cut off from him by success.

And if he lives, it's back to that garbage fire of a family.

Essentially, I wish they had just done franklin justice. The character swap was a gimmick, and often walled, with "exile" or "you can't play as him now".

Grove street though? That mission was amazing. The beating heart of GTA V.

And no bless'ed bowling! I didn't even have to golf, just drop a cab fare there.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »
Currently. On assassin creed syndicate

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2017, 02:42:26 PM »
Just finished 2 playthroughs of West of Loathing. It's billed as a slapstick comedy stick-figure wild west adventure role-playing game. I played 2 of the 3 characters. It was fun. It's only $10.99 USD on Steam.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #223 on: December 05, 2017, 08:01:19 AM »
Playing Transmissions - Element 120 -

It's a short free Half-Life mod on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365300/Transmissions_Element_120/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:22:04 AM by brickbatz »

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2017, 04:22:25 PM »
Super Mario Odyssey
--dweez