Author Topic: Antacid  (Read 3158 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Antacid
« on: April 21, 2014, 03:27:46 AM »
I woke up around six am today, not feeling very great.
I don't need it much, but when I do need antacid, it feels like an emergency. the chew wafers take longer than I'd like, so for the most part I stick to liquid. If I remember, I buy a box of zantac, but that's a bit pricey. That being said, if I'm going out to dinner I pick the box up.

I had a bad gut when I was little, one of my less than welcome trait inheritance from dad. It cleared up when I massively changed my diet in high school, but it still flares occasionally.

I used to really like liquid maalox because it wasn't nasty flavor, and it wasn't Pepto. Pepto does one specific job very well, but the sight or smell of that pink poo makes me ill.

I haven't seen maalox on the shelf for a while, so I picked up a bottle of equate.

It's got the same ingredients as maalox, so I figured what the hell, and bought two bottles.

I will be returning the second bottle. The stuff tastes rancid. I was already having nausea issues because of the gut, but the equate had my gut spinning in place.

I called it a day and passed out at around 10 AM.

How about you? any advice? We had some spicy poo for dinner the night before, and I'm pretty sure that was the cause, but I didn't want to discourage mom from cooking. Took a small portion to be polite, but it was enough.

Offline xtopave

• Site Modette
  • Q
Re: Antacid
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:05:06 AM »
If this happens to you often you should be diagnosed. But if this happens to you every once in a while then you can try reducing processed carbohydrates, spicy food, coffee/tea, chocolate, orange juice, alcohol to say a few. You know, having a "simple" diet for a few days.

Offline mishca09

• Q
Re: Antacid
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:54:11 PM »

you can return both packages of equate even if ones open. If one of them tasted rancid it could be spoiled or defective. Maybe next time while at one of those stores with a pharmacy, talk to the pharmacist they are can be very helpful and knowledgable.