Author Topic: Current Events  (Read 38921 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Current Events
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2021, 08:10:50 PM »
I'm watching what is being called "Trump's last Rally".

He still refuses to concede. He actually blamed Santa Claus for voter fraud.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2021, 12:24:17 AM »

Listened to his tapes demanding Georgia? loose / find him some votes, Comparing it to the Nixon watergate
as a comparator. A dangerous person

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2021, 03:42:17 AM »
One is minded to wonder how many of the dirty tricks that are currently being alleged were actually used in the last election.

not a expert by a long way but maybe a few or more

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2021, 06:06:14 AM »

I watched that for a while as it was streaming live on youtube last night.  What I found particularly disturbing, was not the hot air filled bloviation that I've come to expect from our resident sociopath President, but the simultaneous feed of adoring worshippers that ran along side in the comments on youtube.  About every 10th one suggested that Trump was an idiot and that Biden had won, but most of them said stuff like "Best president ever" and "MAGA" and similar sucking up to the guy.  What is wrong with their brains?  I'll never understand that.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2021, 11:39:56 PM »
That's my biggest takeaway from the last four years: how many Americans actually want the world that this guy promises.

... and until the rest of America realises that, they are never going to be able to recover from it. Not all Americans want immigration (let alone racial integration), or gender-fluidity, or a hundred other "liberal", "progressive", "modern" goals, but they have been unvoiced for decades and had "progress" shoved down their throats (just look at any conversation about trans-gender topics for how appallingly single-sided this "debate" is). It would be interesting to see someone run on this platform without the associated cronyism, nepotism, narcissism and naked self-interest that the current regime has embodied.

As you note, the current regime is hugely popular despite all of the admitted downsides, so it is easy to imagine how popular this platform could be without the personality downsides.

Unfortunately some of this comments could be aimed at other countries who are going down a similar line  :(

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2021, 06:27:53 AM »
Agreed.  And, c, there is a thread of nearly puritanical "our way or else" liberalism that demands the embrace of LGBTQ and minority rights, enforced diversity (kind of like affirmative action on steroids) and other strategies aimed at solving environmental issues in a ham fisted fashion that has anti business consequences as well as a real dampening effect on the freedom of speech.

I've been taken to task on FB for suggesting that unpopular opinions should be protected by friends with liberal perspectives who don't realize the stiffling effect their policies might have on free discourse.  There has to be an undercurrent of progressive voters who might balk at the full realization of such platforms.  At the same time, the gradual erosion of workers' rights due to union busting policies and the overwhelming rift caused by income disparities since the Reagan administration suggests a need for rather radical change in tax policy.  Whether that has any chance of happening is anybody's guess, but given the unfettered role of big money in our politics, I wouldn't hold out any hopes of significant change any time soon.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2021, 02:07:09 PM »
Idiots have taken the Capitol building.

If they were brown, there would have been battalions of riot police, rubber bullet kisses, baton courtesy, service with a smile.

Oh, and it came after the song, but LRAD trucks serenading protesters with hypersonic sound.

They have all this equipment in DC, but for some reason they are not being deployed.

Maybe the red hats are like force fields.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2021, 07:07:57 PM »
The idiots gave the Capitol back because of the curfew (6PM) and the vote they interrupted passed. The Election is now certified.

It is weird how quickly this was resolved. One protester was shot in the neck and died. She was from San Diego.

I do think it's weird that the Capitol building could be taken and retaken in a span of like, I want to say four hours?

The President has been locked out of his twitter account and I believe Facebook flat out banned him.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2021, 08:56:24 PM »
I think all of those "bans" are temporary.  12 to 24 hours.  I think Twitter gave him the chance to delete his own posts, but fat chance of that happening.

I'm pleased that the Senate has fallen to the Democrats but I'm holding out for the unlikely event of Pence going along with enactment of the 25th amendment to remove Trump from office until the next inauguration.  Trump has blood on his hands.  He can't leave soon enough.  We have all suffered the entire time he's held office.  This has been a very sad time in our history.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2021, 12:27:28 AM »
well I awoke to what happened in Washington  :o :o
Unsure what to say about it.
Where's Mike Banning when you need him.

Trying to remake my steps up to the front door, I thought my fingers fell off first thing, but managed later and achieved 1 step
Step 2 today
 ;D ;D

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2021, 01:05:33 AM »
I have two feeds, one legitimate, one straight up scumbag.

The scumbag source is where I learned about the woman that died, what she believed in, and how it killed her.

The site has been ddos'ed.

Apparently it was that whole Q rat nest.

The legitimate source says that the vote has been stalled to the fullest extent possible, it's now 3 AM in DC. Junior senator from MO demanded a full call vote. Presumably so the secessionists shits can write up "report cards" on who voted for them and who didn't.

Apparently several times senators have gotten grouchy and invited their collogues to fight.

Josh Hawley MO is apparently the poo stirrer supreme, and is the one who called for a roll call vote.

He loses, America wins. 271 electoral votes CERTIFIED.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:36:35 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2021, 05:38:28 AM »
It was cheering to see Hawley's home town paper run an editorial saying that "Hawley has blood on his hands."  Let's hope he will be a one term senator.  His naked ambition in coddling up to Ted Cruz and his ilk has been exposed for the cynical power play it was.

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article248317375.html

As for Trump, there are not enough Ls in the word "loathe" to describe my feelings for the man.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2021, 09:32:52 PM »
His book contract was cancelled today and I believe Cortez invited him to resign.

poo, I meant Hawley, not Twitter man.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2021, 06:32:08 AM »
I'm sure Hawley will play the victim card.  I'd like to see him crawl back under the rock he came out from under.  Simon & Schuster is probably protecting its own business interests.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/books/simon-schuster-josh-hawley-book.html

In a similar vein, I was wondering about Elaine Chao's resignation as Sec'y of Transportation (effective 1/11).  She's Mitch McConnell's wife.  I suspect that her resignation had less to do with a sense of moral outrage at Trump's shenanigans and more to do with political calculations regarding her husband's political standing. 

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2021, 09:32:47 AM »
These last few days have been quite incredible in my opinion. I cannot believe that Trump saying after the event that these people were special and the he loved them (or the royal "we" in truth), and then think that his latest autocued garbage will somehow negate that.

Frankly, he looks like the coward that he truly is. I'm not saying that as a bandwagon insult, I'm really saying he has the eyes of a coward that you could get to back down with minimal baiting.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.