Author Topic: Stupid fast food options.  (Read 3951 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Stupid fast food options.
« on: May 09, 2016, 04:44:42 PM »
Has burger king completely lost their poo? First they made a "sandwich" that was just two burger patties side to side instead of stacked, on a steak roll. They could have at least made a long patty for the thing, but they didn't. bless'ed lazy.

Next they added hot dogs. Because when you hear burger king, the first thing you want... no, I can't even complete that sentence. I refuse.

Now they're getting into the breakfast game. It's the same bless'ed breakfast sandwich EVERY fast food chain has, but they put an extra sausage patty on it. Truly we are living in an age of innovation.

The other hot new additive to burgers is butter. On buns. Because fast food wasn't causing enough heart attacks. Once again, lazy AND stupid.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Stupid fast food options.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 02:50:05 AM »
I sounds like they're having it their way.

Over here Maccy D's has recently gone all slick. Order by touchscreen, play on an iPad while waiting, and add the calories up on it that they now reveal.

Mind you, they do have a lot of salady things nowadays.  No-one buys it, but they do have it.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline xtopave

• Q
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 08:48:48 AM »
First they made a "sandwich" that was just two burger patties side to side instead of stacked, on a steak roll.

That would be a bun-dependent sandwich so to speak.  :D 
This reminds me of a very successful sandwich from my country. It's called a "torpedo". 2 patties (plus ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and even bacon) in a special bun that's quite big and has lard among its ingredients. Talking about heart attacks...
Here it is.

Mind you, they do have a lot of salady things nowadays.  No-one buys it, but they do have it.

I've eaten MD's salads in several, very different countries and those salads always taste the same. You might as well eat the bowl and you won't tell the difference. I wonder if they trademarked the flavour yet.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 06:01:34 PM »
Ray kroc had a hell of a time standardizing mc d's fries across the board, it was one of the  issues that caused him to push the mc d brothers out of the company. So yeah, those salads probably have some frankenstein science behind them.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 12:30:39 AM »

This reminds me of a very successful sandwich from my country. It's called a "torpedo". 2 patties (plus ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and even bacon) in a special bun that's quite big and has lard among its ingredients. Talking about heart attacks...
Here it is.

That looks like enough food for two days.

I have not been to a Burger King in many years.  I used to like their Whopper, back when I ate beef, but that was probably before you were born, 8ully.  I'd give it a wide berth.  How do you like your new place?  It sounds like you have many more menu options within easy walking distance?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 01:13:51 AM »
Yeah, it's funny, I had a chain mexican place by the house, and now I've got an independant shop closer.

When I was in NJ, I was not fed often, and was not paid. When I was fed, abusive language came on the side at no charge! Meals were expected to be inhaled, I think I posted about it back then.

But at the time, there was a promotion where if you filled out the survey on your receipt, you got a free whopper. So, when left alone, I'd walk to burger king and cash them in. One manager refused to redeem any past the first one, but there was no such language in the terms. Sometimes I was required to buy fries and a drink, but for the most part, I leapfrogged. Buying a whopper, the next time getting a free one. So even with the stupid menu options, I have a soft spot for bk.

That being said, I rarely eat out now. Had a Carne Asada Chimichanga for my birthday gift to myself.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 10:46:10 PM »
I hope you are happier where you are now.  The doctor and med monitoring sounds like an utter pita, though.