Author Topic: Movies the world didn't need.  (Read 34451 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Movies the world didn't need.
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2017, 03:00:47 PM »
Listen American people folk. You cannot call a movie this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5034266/
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2017, 07:01:35 PM »
That a on Netflix.  I was tempted to watch because name finds wig is just terrible b7t I haven't given in yet

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2017, 07:17:03 PM »
Listen American people folk. You cannot call a movie this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5034266/
Just watched the trailer.  It's one of those films where you need to bring a loaf of soft white bread to throw repeatedly at the screen.  Oy.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2017, 04:15:32 AM »
You lot sound like Jane Fonda when it was suggested it to her that this is a terrible title for the British. She just did not get it.

I just wrote it on my whiteboard and asked my kids what they thought of the title. The didn't get it either until my daughter said it out loud.

Belly laughs all round.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2017, 06:41:40 AM »
You lot sound like Jane Fonda when it was suggested it to her that this is a terrible title for the British. She just did not get it.

I just wrote it on my whiteboard and asked my kids what they thought of the title. The didn't get it either until but daughter said it out loud.

Belly laughs all round.

I didn't get it until I applied my best British accent  ;D

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2017, 10:21:57 PM »
I had to ask my husband.   He's an anglophile.

He explained it to me.  I can be a little slow sometimes.  Nyuck, nyuck.  But you know, it works either way.  It seems like a really stupid movie.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2017, 03:24:17 PM »
I had to ask my husband.   He's an anglophile.

He explained it to me.  I can be a little slow sometimes.  Nyuck, nyuck.  But you know, it works either way.  It seems like a really stupid movie.

In case anyone is still bewildered, this should explain it:
(contains swearing)

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2017, 04:25:46 PM »
Car dogs

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2017, 04:59:48 PM »
"Our Souls At Night"...

Afternoon Delight?
--dweez

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2019, 02:22:46 AM »
Alien Code.  WTF?

The guy who wrote the soundtrack should be spanked.
I don't get this film.  It's all filmed indoors.  Cheapo budget, I guess.  Every minute we are cued into the oncoming dread with dramatic minor modes in the music.

Good grief.  Another winner from the amazon movies. 

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2019, 06:46:11 PM »
Avengers: Endgame.

I'm hoping the spoilers I read are false, otherwise I've been right about Captain America being a piece of poo the whole time. Like I love comics cap, I used to have some pretty old ones that were shockingly insensitive, But Movie Rogers has always been a little madam spoiling for a fight.

If the spoilers were legit, they legitimately just looked at the latest Star Wars and said "Oh, you think THAT pissed nerds off? Hold my beer fam".

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2019, 12:37:00 AM »
I think Endgame is required now, unfortunately, but the world really didn't need Civil War.

so agree,

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »
I think maybe like me, you don't like the way the Russo brothers steered the ship?

Like, Civil war was a mandated movie, they had no shot at avoiding it. One of the few times the actual Comic-Books forced the movies down a path.

God did they make me hate Movie Cap though. He was a bit of a poo in Avengers. He was a complete scallywag in his first standalone. And that just kept rolling.

And we were supposed to like his shitty attitude. That's the part I don't get. "I can do this all day" Please don't Cap, please don't.

I did like some bits of CW, like Spider-man, Tony Stark being angry as hell that he's still even here (He was going to quit being Iron Man) The fact that he doesn't even want to be Iron Man (It cost him Pepper) and that he seems to be the only one who gives a poo about the collateral damage he had a large hand inflicting, and he kept getting dragged back in by people he increasingly didn't like.

And then Infinity war was like "Yeah, that poo's too heavy, let's go back to the most common superhero trope, SOME BAD GUY IS TRASHING EVERYTHING"

Endgame I'm not even going to see. I read the spoilers and decided I don't want to throw money at that.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2019, 02:19:55 AM »
Oh it's so much worse. They ride war rhinos. And pretty much just ignored colonialism. And could solve most of the worlds problems, but don't, because isolationism. I'll bet they could cure AIDS, but they don't! But they have hovercrafts in a country small enough you could walk everywhere. Like I think Disneyland may actually be larger than Wakanda. Both have a lake.

Like, they don't even have to reveal they cured aids! Find some promising research doctor, and drop a STANDARD USB hard drive on her desk, explaining what she got right, what she got wrong, and a "Good Luck".

Oh, and the Teenage sister is smarter than Tony Stark. Because they say so.

Okay, watched endgame. Wakanda is worse than "Not curing aids"

I think I'm shitting up my own thread here though, I meant this to be more of a "Why the hell was this movie even made, it tied up actors that could have been doing so much more, wasted a fuckshed of money, and wasted everyone's time" Like that Gerard Butler submarine movie, or that Gerard Butler Geostorm. He can act, I don't get why he loves being in garbage. Probably Cash.  I think we could have been spared most of the jingoistic "True Story" movies that I believe have a sinister undertone.

And instead I'm just bitching about something I didn't like.

I actually REALLY LIKE the idea of Superhero collateral damage leading to very real consequences. I may not have liked much of the comic Civil War, but it's spark point was brilliant.

Team of teenage superheroes (Why are they letting teenagers into such situations, why are they letting non police handle crime, why is it a reality show, and how the golly did this happen)

Attempt to pull vigilante cowpoo against villains who are lying low. Next to an Elementary school. Things go bad.

In the movie? Dipshit manages to break up the only people who can defend the planet from alien invasion that is guaranteed to happen using Hijinks out of Scooby Doo.

Really, aside from the Avengers getting madam Slapped by the UN, the movie had very little to do with the comic storyline.

I did not like the hailed as revolutionary Batman films. Bale made a pretty good Bruce Wayne, but much like Bateman in American Psycho, Bruce is supposed to be the mask.

And Ledger wasn't that great. The one snuff tape scene was chilling, but I feel like they didn't really know what they were going to do, and Ledger's death forced their hand.

If I'm wrong, and that's the movie they intended to make? Woof. Nolan never did poo for me. I understand why people love his movies, but it's not my bag man.

You are of course talking about famous misogynist and Fedora aficionado Frank Miller. They actually took a Bat Book away from him because he was going bless'ed insane. I actually liked that book. Batman paints a room yellow and drinks lemonade to be a richard to Green Lantern.

richard Grayson has been trained to fight, and nothing else. He instantly punches out Green Lantern's throat. Batman was just trying to be a richard, not kill the guy. Whoops!

Dickhead batman also uses Superman to ship poo across the Atlantic super fast through blackmail. God that book was too beautiful to live, And Frank Miller is horrible.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 02:04:32 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2020, 11:37:32 AM »
So, we took a stab at IMDb: Art of the Dead as it had over a solid 6 in IMDB. It is absolute poop and going back and reading the reviews there is definitely something weird going on. We've all probably seen film ratings manipulated by members who joined 3 days after the movie was released, or even are actually cast or production team members from the film in question. But this film is staying at 6.2 no matter how many bad reviews it gets in the comments and no matter how many more people vote.

I call shenanigans!