Author Topic: Xbox 360 closing up shop July 29th.  (Read 147 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Xbox 360 closing up shop July 29th.
« on: July 21, 2024, 09:42:25 PM »
I'm sure very few people still have the xbox 360, but as it was my first big adult purchase, I note this with a bit of sad finality.

On July 29th, 2024, the Xbox 360 marketplace will be shuttered. You will still be able to download titles you've purchased, which is a damn sight better than Nintendo, but future purchases of games, DLC, movies, music, and software will be wound down.

The reason I make this thread is that over the years, I have accumulated a few of the license cards that get stuck in games like bonuses, things like the COD classic title that was in the fancy versions of Modern Warfare 2, or even outright game cards, where you scratch them off like a lottery ticket. If you've got any of those sitting around, now is the time to scratch-off or write-off!

I'm sure there are DLC packages I am forgetting, but I was on the ledge as far as the Saints Row 2 DLC packs because those DLC packs were never ported to the PC release. After viewing them on Youtube, I decided against dropping $20 for six missions, which honestly aren't particularly exciting.

Sadly, there are MANY titles that will vanish into nothing after the shutdown, I believe the count was 747 digital titles that are NOT forwards compatible.

So if you want any of that, jump now.

Sadly, several games I had intended to buy in the wrap-up sale were delisted prematurely, and are already etherware.

Offline christ

• Definitely not staff
  • Divinity
  • Australopithecus
Re: Xbox 360 closing up shop July 29th.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2024, 03:15:10 PM »
What's an Xbox?
* with significant exceptions.

This post will self-destruct in <5 days.
(Probably <1, now I think about it)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Xbox 360 closing up shop July 29th.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2024, 06:00:33 PM »
A video games console, like the pippin.

I actually had a hell of a time redeeming the three licenses I had. First, I tried redeeming them on xbox.com, but that redirected to a site for redeeming general microsoft licenses, like office.

I hooked up the 360. It doesn't like my wireless network.

I hardwired it in the living room to the modem. It liked that.

Got my licenses redeemed. quite the hassle.