Author Topic: Quote etymology.  (Read 2293 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Quote etymology.
« on: April 21, 2018, 03:00:26 AM »
So I have a go to when asked to speak at a funeral, and I've completely forgotten where I've stolen it from, possibly due to grief (no worries now, no recent death)

Google used to be great for this poo, but now they focus on specific words, even if you use quotation marks.

It goes along the lines of "we do not really realize the person is gone, until we reach for the fruit of their labor, and find it missing" possibly just gone instead of missing, but gone makes people cry.

Kinda commie, really, but it works.

Meh, maybe it's biblical, I read a lot of poo when grandma died, and people thanked me for the words. Did want to murder the person with the cell phone, but let it go.

Oh, bless'ed protip for funerals, leave your bless'ed phone in the car, or at least shut it off

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
Re: Quote etymology.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 10:22:46 PM »
Seems there is always a person with a cell phone at any occasion where its not permitted to waltz about as if there is nothing happening of importance enough to submit a ring tone or hint of professionalism.  Such as a paramedic, not the right time when there is an expectation of holding ones composure. 

The words were well put bully.  There is something to behold recollecting the labor a person can actually put out.  What labors of love and all.