Author Topic: Is there any option but piracy?  (Read 3262 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Is there any option but piracy?
« on: July 25, 2018, 01:14:57 AM »
So XP is dead and gone, or at least I had assumed. Apparently Valve had not closed the pipe, so to say.

Now they're sealing off support to Vista, to continue a theme. And OUCH! that hurts. I worked the Vista launch. it was a horror show. I was the king of lanyards as long as CompUSA continued to exist. We charged a LOT for DVD backup, but every usb stick got a free vista lanyard! I think I still have one somewhere... We're talking $99.99, which people didn't even blink at. Blew my mind.

But to the point, as it were.

There are some games, thank god none of mine, but some games, that only run under XP, such as the DiRT series. They don't compatibility mode. At all.

And Steam is phasing out Vista users. Apparently they even get an exciting countdown.

So what is to be done? I honestly haven't tried to run FO3 on 10, and apparently there are issues there.

What happens when the pipeline leaves you out of luck? Is this the point pirates have been screaming about, even before HL2 came out?

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: Is there any option but piracy?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »
I use to play Medieval Total war (original) to death until support ended  :'( :'( :'( :'(
tempted to install xp so can play again in virtual box  ;D

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: Is there any option but piracy?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:41:49 PM »
It worked for me in 7? Maybe it was total war 2 tho. Either way, absolutely fantastic game. My worst enemies were the Germans and the Middle east. The Germans would play whack a mole with holds, like I'd show up, it's empty, occupy, then Surprise! Here come the germans!

The middle east always zerg rushed me. I also had a bad habit of murdering popes who got lippy.