Author Topic: What are you eating / What did you eat.  (Read 62324 times)

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: What are you eating / What did you eat.
« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2021, 02:05:39 PM »
"fish" pie? I thought you were anti-meat?

Keep up dweezy baby, I'm a pescatarian. Been one for 29 years now which seems pretty surreal to be honest.

Never been "anti" meat and cook it most nights for the fam'. Just choose not to eat it myself.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2021, 02:28:28 PM »
My bad. I forgot about the pesky pesca but the "anti-meat" part was just a joke.
--dweez

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2021, 03:30:56 PM »
My bad. I forgot about the pesky pesca but the "anti-meat" part was just a joke.

To be honest, TNG has this funky way of cooking his bacon in the morning and looks and smells damn good. I might be tempted if I had functional teeth ...

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2021, 04:10:11 PM »
Be interested in hearing this method, I've been baking bacon for years because golly the pop sizzle forearm burn.

Last night I really wanted to make eggs (in my dreams) and everywhere I went on my quest for eggs they were all smashed. I was super pissed.

I think at some point I discovered it was Freddy Krueger's fault, he realized he could exist on anger instead of straight up killing people, so he became a nuisance instead of a killer.

The scrambled eggs I made for breakfast tasted like victory.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #289 on: August 16, 2021, 07:40:20 AM »
Be interested in hearing this method, I've been baking bacon for years because golly the pop sizzle forearm burn.

He microwaves it on tissue which removes all the added water and then grills it and it goes super crispy.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2021, 10:38:37 PM »
Cheese and crackers.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #291 on: August 23, 2021, 08:19:21 PM »
Why is the notify button so close to the reply button?  😁 I go off like a broken record
I male muffins.  I drink chobani and keifer milks n greek yogurt.  Switched to almond milk, although now they say that's bad for you I dont miss the congestion or the weight I was gaining drinking milk in cereal daily.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #292 on: August 24, 2021, 12:26:17 AM »
Wild Mike Pizza.

I love the portion sizes. I love the generous dose of peperoni, I love the better than anyone else out there crust.

For a frozen pizza, WM does not golly around.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #293 on: August 24, 2021, 02:24:11 AM »
Why is the notify button so close to the reply button?  😁 I go off like a broken record

I added the option to add a poll to any topic (was previously just your own) which should spawn a button between "reply" and "notify". Does it?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #294 on: August 24, 2021, 06:35:55 AM »
Wild Mike Pizza.

I love the portion sizes. I love the generous dose of peperoni, I love the better than anyone else out there crust.

For a frozen pizza, WM does not golly around.

I had to look that up, as at first I though you were referring to Mountain Mike (a name that does not inspire confidence in pizza quality).  But, no, it's Wild Mike.  The descriptions sound good, especially the crust.  Most frozen pizzas offer crusts that are just a tad more tender than corrugated cardboard.

I'm having Earl Grey tea, having just polished off the last of the cream scones.  I'll bake some more later today.  Right now, I'm debating whether to take a nap as I didn't sleep much.

Hi bea!  Almond milk doesn't taste very good to me.  And it's terrible for the environment.  Why not soy or oat milk?  The Blue Diamond people were giving away samples outside a supermarket one day, and I just couldn't finish even the tiny sample cup.  I also had some oatmilk yogurt and could not figure that one out either.  I think maybe non fat milk might be better.  In college, I had friends who regularly drank dried milk, reconstituted with water.  It came in a big red box with a large appetizing glass on the front.  It had the advantage of being shelf stable and you mixed it up when you needed it. 

I think they baked with it, too.  I wish I could remember the brand, but it's maybe no longer sold.  There's plenty of this kind of product 4 sale on amazon, but not the same brand with the great graphics on the box.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2021, 07:36:23 PM »
freezer burned pizza bites.

I preheated the toaster oven to avoid uncooked centers, and the pizza bites were just this side of edible.

I need to go food shopping, but I don't wanna.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #296 on: August 29, 2021, 07:26:41 AM »
Open Nature (Safeway) plant based burgers (pea protein).  These are Safeway's answer to Beyond Meat vegetarian burgers.  They are pretty close to the real thing (at least as I remember, not having eaten beef for many years).

They can be grilled or cooked on the stovetop for 8-10 minutes.  I had mine on toasted sourdough bread with some Heinz Vintage Spicy Ketchup.  It was delicious and satisfying.  That was dinner. 

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2021, 08:10:12 PM »
I'm using up the last of a store bought rotisserie chicken to make a tomato basil pasta sauce.  Sliced garlic, onion, grated carrot, red pepper flakes, olive oil, a dab of butter, diced tomatoes in their own juice, and about a half cup of fresh sliced basil, with the chicken cut into small pieces, ended up with about 2 cups of chicken bits.  This is a rich and satisfying sauce.

We used to go to this great Italian deli in a Boston suburb that had prepared sauces and fresh pasta you could take home.  This was one of our favorites.  We figured out how to make it after we moved away and couldn't get the real thing.  It's really good on a big noodle like pappardelle with some grated dry cheese.  It's cooking now and smells great.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2021, 11:54:14 PM »
reads nice and expect tastes great

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #299 on: September 12, 2021, 12:44:11 AM »
Basic bureetz, (burritos for everyone else)

Bought a poblano crema sauce, it tastes like overcooked bacon. I am severely disappointed. Least everything else kind of overwhelmed it. Not sure what I expected.

Cooked mom a baked potato first, but that's not particularly exciting. Used the microwave, topped with sour cream and shredded cheese. Not exactly a health conscious selection, but it's what she wanted.