Author Topic: Cheese.  (Read 9350 times)

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
Re: Cheese.
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2019, 08:46:05 PM »
I did a similar experiment with mac & cheese. Never thought it could be too cheesy (too strong). Uh, it can. I deviated from the recipe one time and changed the ratio % to favor the cheddar. I also switched from cheddar to extra sharp cheddar. Mistake. I've kept to the original recipe ever since. Proper homemade mac & cheese is heavenly.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 08:55:27 PM by Schmoogsley »

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2019, 09:09:51 PM »
Crap. Now I'm craving a grilled cheese sandwich.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2019, 04:42:38 PM »
Double crap. I went to Sam's Club earlier and forgot to get some blue cheese.  >:(

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 03:40:52 PM »
Enjoying the hell out of some goat's cheese. I know I said I was going to get some blue cheese. Changed my mind. I get a craving for some sour goat's cheese less frequently than some other cheeses. Very satisfied right now.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2019, 04:35:39 PM »
Just finished off this cheese. Was surprisingly good. Emphasis on 'fresh'. 6 bucks for 16 ozs. Not too bad.

Picked up some more Tillamook Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar yesterday. LMAO! Couldn't stop myself. Buck an oz. Ouch. Anyway, it's what's on deck.  :P

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2019, 12:06:27 AM »
ever had Stilton

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2019, 06:59:50 AM »
Had to google it. Sounds like my kind of cheese. Probably will be hard to find around here.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2019, 03:58:37 PM »
ever had Stilton
The Cheese Shop here has it: $16.99 for 7.5 ozs. YIKES!

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 12:01:09 AM »
The Cheese Shop here has it: $16.99 for 7.5 ozs. YIKES!
strong and salty. lovely

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2019, 01:09:38 AM »
You still recommend it @ $2.27 an oz? That must be some kickass cheese. 

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2019, 12:01:15 AM »
You still recommend it @ $2.27 an oz? That must be some kickass cheese.

not cheap in the UK and I get it from local farms.
Its an acquired taste. I love it wife hates it.
See if you can get a taster off a shop

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2019, 01:06:02 AM »
Kroger policy is to let you taste test anything at the deli counter. In reality, it depends on if the manager is a joker.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2019, 01:49:54 AM »
Yes they do, however, the high(er) end cheeses aren't at the deli counter, they are at the cheese island. They don't sell Stilton anyway. I think I will cruise over to The Cheese Shop. Haven't been there in many years. It's up in a VERY snooty area. I HATE those rotters.  :P

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2019, 04:04:24 AM »
Oh man, I hated date checking that thing. And everyone else in the whole store sucked at it, so I got stuck with that job a lot.

Beat carts. I had a manager try to force me to quit by putting me on carts for two months straight. Union rep was mysteeeriously absent those months.

Specifically, in our contracts, it said 2 hours a day, tops. I think I did a podcast about how I'd do that for whole shifts, and they wouldn't let me wear a hat. I even had a branded store hat!

One time I actually found a crazy bad out of date, it was my lunch. Pizza bites, TWO FRIGGIN YEARS out of date. Manager got shitty with me about it, like I planted the damn things.

Offline Schmoogsley

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2019, 01:26:30 PM »
Expired for 2 years? There's a salesman who doesn't give a golly. If I was the manager, I would have lit his ass up. How embarrassing if a customer pointed it out? I forgot Kroger was Union. I don't miss my days of sales. Ugh!

Well, my new coffee grinder arrived this morning. Ordered it last night from Amazon. Pretty awesome. This is why I am an Amazon addict. One time, they gave me a refund for something that wasn't their fault. I became hooked after that. Brilliant on their part, now that I think about it. However, I agree with people who think he's getting too big. I should mix my purchases up more.
My last grinder was a Mr. Coffee that lasted many years. I hope this brand is just as good (they don't make that Mr. Coffee grinder model anymore).