Author Topic: Stargate: SG-1 - Season 2.  (Read 15773 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Stargate: SG-1 - Season 2.
« on: August 15, 2019, 08:48:45 AM »
This thread awaits undomesticated equines.

This cultural reference is tied to Season 2, episode 7.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Stargate: SG-1 - Season 2.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 11:59:45 AM »
Best not to give mouth to mouth resuscitation to inhabitants of unfamiliar planets.  Geez.  I'm not a scientist and I could have figured out that this would be a bad idea.  Do the writers not get that the SG1 people are supposed to have above average intelligence as well as special training that might obviate the need for such related plot lines?

Um.  No.  I guess it's more interesting to engage notions of bodily pollution as something to keep the story going.  Forget the purported expertise of the cast.

One more thing.  For some reason, glowing eyes is an indicator of such trespass by foreign entities.  It's a characteristic we see in Stranger Things and in this show.  I struggle to come up with the physics that would serve as a prerequisite to such glowing expressions of inner power.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 12:01:46 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 02:57:44 PM »
They dropped the glowy spines from BSG for exactly that reason.

One MAYBE I could give goauld glowy eyes and dual voice thing come from Naquadah in the blood. They get into that a lot more later, but it's seriously just visual shorthand for us viewers, so we know who is running the show.

Also seems to be mood based, even when goauld should be keeping cover, if they get pissed, they light up.

Not sure what episode you're up to, but I'm going to guess "In the line of duty".

The Goauld seem to be similar to a gallbladder, they excrete trace amounts of Naquadah into the hosts bloodstream, which allows for rapid healing but also may explain why forcibly extracting a Goauld is so difficult.

This also somewhat acts as a werewolf detector. From this point on, if Carter is in a room with a snakehead, she can feel it. The naquadah in the blood ALSO allows someone to operate Goauld devices, such as the hand tool, and a different, healing hand tool. I don't remember what they are called. They mostly use the hurty one.

Ship functions seem to be less locked down than those two, since Jack regularly takes the stick behind Al'kesh, which I like to think of like moving trucks, even though their primary function is bomber/troop transport.
I don't know if it is the Naquadah that makes the Jaffa dependent on Goauld symbiotes.

And you know TV CPR requires the mouth to mouth action, so they can make a nasty joke about it!

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 05:27:54 PM »
Thanks.  I think, yes, Line of Duty is it.  I think I went to bed halfway through the second episode of Season 2.

I took CPR a long time ago and we had a rubber doll to blow into.  We had to wipe her mouth with alcohol swabs.  The effort to blow into this dummy made my lips bleed.  Not a great situation.  At any rate, I think they've eliminated the respiration part from CPR.  So it's now just CP, I guess.

The mechanics of those wormy parasites and their effects on the hosts are still unknown aspects of this.  I do fully expect they'll play this infection of Carter out for the entire season.  The end of the last season was particularly lame with idiot guys messing with our heroes' secret program.  Bad senator and bad military man were cartoon characters really, and the general seemed stuck in that paper bag he had trouble acting his way out of.  Ta da.  Big surprise.  Earth was saved, but, wait... there's another threat to our heroes on the horizon, so stay tuned!!! I read that Richard Dean Anderson got his start acting on General Hospital.  He has apparently moved onto another more interesting soap opera, one that involves going into space.  I never really watched McGyver, but I take it the show was probably entertaining in a camp sort of way.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 06:34:57 PM »
Christopher Judge once Guest Starred on Macguyver. You know him as Teal'c.

I actually liked the politics episode, I vaguely remember writing a positive review. The episode immediately before it, There But For the Grace of God, showed that the Goauld do have spaceships that are capable of traveling at light speed, and SG1 have pissed them off. Eventually, they will be showing up.

Kinsey made the claim that God and America could defeat them. They kinda overplay the religion hand with Kinsey, presumably to make him more Goauld like? He was better as Captain Jellico on TNG. Captain Jellico didn't view the crew of a starship as a family, he ran a military ship. And like Kinsey, he called the entire Enterprise crew on their poo. And made Deanna put on a uniform! (Mirina Sirtis loved this)
Ronny Cox has kind of made a career of playing hardasses. He's... an Irish Folk Singer? What the frak?

My bad, you already know about the invasion fleet, it was literally the next episode. WHOOPS!

As to Carter being held by Jolinar… You might want to do a rewatch on Line of Duty.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 07:57:22 PM »
Jolinar said he'd let her go and get another host if they'd let him out of the Stargate, but then there's this assassin running around.  So the mechanics of what happens next is sort of up in the air, but I was just expecting the writers to drag this out.  I don't much remember Star Trek TNG.  I watched it sporadically so I really don't know what happens.

One thing that I wonder about is the tendency of these shows to have characters like Carter and O'Neill get romantically involved, as they were in the alternative earth that Dr. wirerim glasses visits.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 08:19:10 PM »
Oh, it gets worse, another Carter visits, and she was actually married to Jack because she didn't join the military. [snip spoiler]

After the S1 episode where the alien entity pretended to be both Jack AND his dead son, I don't think they ever mention Sara (Jack's ex wife) again.

I wonder what the hell they told her. I mean she figured out the Jack that visited the house wasn't really Jack, but that still would probably be about as traumatic an experience as possible.

Oh dang, I was just reading her article entry and they totally gave her Carter's Hair!

General Hammond really hates the Quantum Mirror. Another two funnies, Stargate Command is officially designated Area 52, and they kept the quantum mirror in a storage area.

So yeah, you're about 2/3 through the episode I think? Carter is in the brig, Teal'c talks mad poo, and honestly I think that's right where you're at.

I don't have eidetic memory, I'm using website summaries. HERESY, I know.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:22:51 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 12:42:26 AM »
They are in prison now.  I don't know if I can continue with this.  My stupid meter is going off.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 01:00:43 AM »
Are they in prison... in Hell?

Ah no, this is the Prison planet. I don't know if they explained it before, but Jack O'Neill was left to die as a POW by his Commanding Officer during desert storm, he spent four months in an Iraqi prison, entirely disavowed.

That's why he knows how to act in prison.  That episode is pretty bad, but we meet lady space Hitler.

One thing I did enjoy about this episode, General Hammond seems to realize the futility of negotiating with the aliens on … poo I got nothing.

Funny enough, there is no summary for this episode on gateworld, I guess they hated it too.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:08:13 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 02:21:38 AM »
I watched an episode of Preacher and came back to it.  Lady Hitler is about right.  But at least she's polite.  To be continued.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 09:46:14 AM »
BTW, I just saw this remarkable sword chape with interlaced serpents and thought of the little shorthand images of Gou'ald on the heads of the Jaffa.  The images are certainly not Egyptian, but they do resemble these to a lesser degree.  To clarify:  the interlaced serpents are in the central section, birds' heads around the periphery and a dragon's head at the top.  Pretty amazing craftsmanship.  Low bid estimate $300k US. https://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot/a-superb-and-extremely-rare-turquoise-inlaid-gold-6220717-details.aspx?from=salesummery&intObjectID=6220717&sid=#lot_6220754
The chape is at the bottom of the sheath to keep the point of the weapon from penetrating the sheath.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 10:18:53 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 06:18:07 PM »
Each Goauld uses a different mark for their Jaffa, but Apophis would definitely like that as an Apophis day gift. Of course, to him, EVERY day is Apophis day. MORE GIFTS!

Did you rewatch the end of line of duty? There's one note from the episode I want to mention, but it is a spoiler [for just that episode]

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2019, 10:54:14 PM »
I was thinking of the snake on the head for the Jaffa.  They all look the same to me.

Re Line o Duty, Are you talking about Carter's survival due to the Tolinar's sacrifice?  He gives up his life so she can live?  And then the little girl who has special Gou'ald detection senses tells her she'll be ok.  Eh?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 10:57:45 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2019, 11:17:01 PM »
Well, Cassandra knows what it's like to be violated. Lady Space Hitler was the one who killed Cassie's planet. Might be a moment a casual watch would miss.

Cassie can detect Goauld for the same reason Carter now can. She had a BOMB put in her that released trace amounts of Naquadah into her bloodstream. Carter takes on an Aunt like role for Cassie.

The snake symbol on the head of Jaffa is the symbol of Apophis. Most of the Jaffa we've seen up to this point have been in his service. The snake helmets are also his.

The spoilers I snipped are that

1. Carter meets alternate Carter in a future episode. If she was lost in space, that wouldn't happen. Civilian Dr. Carter has long hair, and both her and Major Carter are self conscious about it, and each other.

2. Jolinar sacrificed herself for Carter. This is not the type of behavior the Goauld engage in. Something different is happening here.

Lady Hitler was polite because it suited her to be so. She also shithoused their computers almost instantly, and when she left, her farewell was "All Debts Are Paid." Not the friendliest goodbye. Will we see her again? Not tellin'.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 12:48:44 AM »
Of course we'll see Lady Hitler again.

And the last episode was pretty lame.  Virtual reality planet with Paul Lind type keeper.  "Don't pick the flowers."  Please don't squeeze the Charmin.  I think I can only manage an episode a day without wanting to go find a loaf of white bread to hurl at the screen.  The music is really annoying.  The plots are a cut above "New Zoo Revue."  But there's a level of entertainment.  This really does remind me of Star Trek, the original series, in that that often had really lame plot developments and resolutions.  I do miss "He's dead, Jim." and that sort of routine pronouncement.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 01:03:47 AM »
The Gamekeeper played a character on TNG that used the Holodeck in an unhealthy manner.

That being said, I'm sure everyone with access to a holodeck would use it to beat up their superior officer at least once. Be a great way to use up shower comebacks too. Recreate the argument, and then "OH yeah, well your FACE is falling behind on projects!"

The Gamekeeper DOES predate THE MATRIX.  The twist that it's supposed to be a paradise but instead takes you to your worst memories is interesting, and the designated driver being a complete jerk was a little fun.

You didn't like Teal'c with hair?  They do make occasional Star Trek references, and occasionally got yelled at by MGM - they keep slipping Oz lines in.

I do wonder why they didn't lease the evil chairs, they'd be great for training incoming troops how to deal with the weird that is Stargate Command.

Also, it is a bit like the original Star Trek in that they don't sit on the ship and ponder as much as the TNG cast did. Those people were nerds. Even Worf the Bully drank prune juice!

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 02:40:12 AM »
This is useful back story.  I didn't recognize Teal'c, and the hair did make him vaguely familiar.

I started watching Mayan MC as a corrective.  Lots of gore, death and destruction.  Kind of like it picks up where Sons of Anarchy left off.  Katy Segal has a cameo in the first episode.  It has Edward James Olmos (of BSG fame) as a butcher who reads poetry.  Sons of Anarchy had Jimmy Smit as this virtuous man who escaped the corruption of the whole business.

I don't know the overall topography/geography of S. CA very well so this is an opportunity to learn about that.  Maybe the guys in SG1 can find a cure for heroin addiction and put these guys out of business.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 03:20:52 AM »
This is two series in the future, but an alien mafia mixes corn up with narcotics that cause extremely painful withdrawal. Using gate travel as a distribution path, they spread the drug corn to the middle age grade planets, where the people don't even know what narcotics are. All they know is Stop eating the drug corn = feel really bad.

I can't remember if they created a space DEA, that series looked so shitty I never bothered with it. Stargate Universe.

I think the city in SOA is fictional though. Like it was a speed trap that ballooned into an actual town.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 10:29:20 AM »
It was a made up city.  I used to scour the map looking at the purported location of  "Paradise" and its location with respect to Fresno/Stockton and Oakland.  They moved between the areas near the San Joaquin delta and the Bay, so that was interesting.

One of the Mayan MC clubs is in Oakland.  I note that the locations of scrap metal dealers are entirely fictional as I love to drive all over Oakland, especially the older industrial bits.  The locations/sets on SG1 seem like they are mostly pure inventions in a Hollywood lot.  The last episode with the goofy iron maiden/enforced virtual reality capsules appeared to be set in something like the botanical gardens in Milwaukee or St. Louis.  The building had that 1960's/70's space frame structure.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 02:27:08 PM »
Vancouver & Britannia Beach in Canada.

Sometimes they went to US locations, but most of the time it was Canada, USA.

https://moviemaps.org/locations/10g - A very nice lake stands in for the planet where Carter got snaked.

https://moviemaps.org/locations/4g  Huh, I figured the dome was painted in. Nope, that place is REEEEEAAAAALLLLL. P7J-989

I wouldn't link the total stargate entries, there are some MASSIVE spoilers in that site.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:34:19 PM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 02:31:13 AM »
This is a campy show, but even within those lax standards, Michael Shanks isn't much of an actor.  He's the pretty boy on the show who supposedly has some kind of advanced knowledge, but he lacks wisdom and often jeopardizes the safety of the group through careless, impulsive behaviors.

He gets addicted to the sarcophagus that the gou'ald developed as a healing technology.  And from that point on, it was "Overactors Theatre."  An episode of that and I'm back to the biker soap opera.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 05:21:44 PM »
That the Goauld stole.  One thing that really bugged me about the Goauld tech is that we rarely see the version of the technology before the goauld either dipped it in gold, or set it to "evil".

One theory is overuse of the sarcophagus was the original cause for Goauld megalomania. I mean they were never good people, but that made them worse.

At the same time, the SGC should totally have let the regime fail and stole the thing. Even if exposure is harmful, being able to revive frontline soldiers who were supposedly stationed underground in the continental US should have been a priority. This isn't the last time Daniel acts like a jackass.

He was initially hired because he could do a spot on imitation of the James Spader take of the character.

RDA, in one of those behind the scenes features, says he flat out refused to do the Kurt Russel. He said he couldn't pull off the haircut. So Jack retires for a year and seemingly mellows out quite a bit. General Hammond was supposed to be on his way to retirement, but those damn snakes reactivated the stargate program.

I've started to use the Don S. Davis General Hammond voice in phone dealings, people seem both more friendly, AND more respectful. I've managed to make two of them laugh!

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 12:20:56 AM »
The sarcophagus looks like somebody went to Home Depot and bought some molding that they slapped together and put some stick on fake hieroglyphs down a couple bands just to make it vaguely Egyptian.  Incidentally, "sarcophagus" is a compound noun based on two Greek words, sarco (flesh) and phagein a verb meaning "to eat."  The idea was that the stone consumed the flesh off of the bones.  No such luck with this device.

It would be pretty entertaining to have the General on one's answering machine.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 02:51:59 AM »
Wow.  I didn't really watch Miami Vice.  I probably should have.  Don Johnson was on it.  And a pop star Pat Benatar?  And Philip Michael Thomas who went to school with one of my FB friends.

Thors' Hammer seemed like it would be dull, but it has to have been the most eclectic episode yet and shoving the alien from Area 51 in there was a stroke of genius.  Of course, the Aliens have been watching over us all this time.  I loved the hygienic measures taken by Thor's mother ship.  Good job that.  And, lucky for us, they speak English.  I expect that Carter will keep her alien tech and learn how to use it?  Or did that intriguing thread just go nowhere.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 11:06:20 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 12:34:38 PM »
The Asgard do not speak English, but they do have very nice translation software. They probably did learn English, they trade favors with SG-1 over the seasons.

In the Stargate movie, Nobody spoke English, aside from the gate team. This was both problematic AND useful, as figuring out how to communicate created a bond with the Abydonians. Daniel is recognized for his imitation of a chicken. Specifically, the snake lizards they eat with the Abydonians taste like chicken. When Daniel tries to convey this, he does the whole "Bawk Bawk" thing and looks like an idiot. This endears him to the locals.
The gate travelers also "frost over" when they go through the gate.

I believed two things, one of which turned out to be true. 1) The cobbled together computers, machines, and super conductors (The red thingies on the gate) were a fairly dangerous, haphazard replacement for the DHD, and multiple times, bit the stargate program in the ass.

2) A properly configured gate acts as a babelfish, in that, everyone speaks their own language, and you "hear" in yours. I believe I later discovered this is something from fanfiction to explain why everyone speaks English. In reality, it's because a lot of people don't like to read subtitles.

One fun closed captioning fact - I was REALLY MAD when there was a scene on a Russian Submarine where the CC was "Speaking Russian". I hate when CC is lazy.

Turns out, one Russian is asking the other "What the hell is that noise" and the other responds "Probably the monster from the last episode". They kept that in as a joke for people who speak Ruski. (I do not speak Ruski)

One time, the GOT CC'ers had some fun, and captioned a horse. "neighs horsily"

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 02:05:52 PM »
That's interesting and funny since the amazon prime version has subtitles, despite the fact that I understand spoken English quite well.  It lets me be lazy as I can read if I feel like taking the headphones off.  (I watch this late at night and don't want the volume up to disturb my husband who is usually asleep.)

I once was in a little cafe in Brasilia -- this was before I'd taken Portuguese.  I spoke some Spanish and had a Berlitz phrasebook.  The menu had a bunch of meat dishes and one I didn't recognize, Peito de Frango.  I had no idea what that was as it wasn't in the phrasebook and, in Spanish, chicken is "pollo."  I don't eat red meat.  So I was trying to figure out if it was something I could order, so I started acting like a chicken, the whole arms flapping thing with clucking etc.  They were vastly entertained by this and confirmed that it was chicken.  It was a delicious chicken breast.  I had it with a salad and an ice cold Antartica beer.  And turkey is "Peru."  Go figure.  It was one of the better meals I had while I was in the country with the exception of the churrascaria in Rio (Majorica).  It's a good experience to be somewhere where you have to struggle to communicate.  It forces you to think differently.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:08:37 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »
I think I'm starting to get your tolerance level thing, I hit "red sky" and it looks like a goofy one, and I don't want to watch it right now.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 10:26:54 PM »
It's easier to have the double feature of bikers and murderous drug cartel employees as a balance to the goofy upbeat sci fi stuff of SG1.  I'm just biding my time until The Expanse comes back.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2019, 10:14:10 AM »
The pilot was seminal TV. After that it went downhill quickly.

I did watch a few early episodes.  Everyone was gorgeous.  The Miami that they filmed was also beautiful.  A good deal of it has subsequently become covered with strip malls, high rise condos, etc. so not quite as charming.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2019, 06:49:55 PM »
On the blooper reel for BSG, they use a cheesecake shot from Miami vice of Eddy (That's what he likes to be called) coming out of the ocean.
For Mary McDonnell they use a clip from dances.

The people who make the obscenely detailed viper models had Katee Sackhoff do a kind of retrospective/sales pitch on the MK II Viper, and it was directed by him. shortly before the credits they have him coach her on how to demo the thing and it's adorable.

I read the summary for Red Sky. I'll talk more about it if we ever get to the S5 thread, but it's not a goofy episode, the people just have goofy hats.

One thing you might find amusing, they launched ANOTHER stargate show post BSG, and tried to ape all the grim darkness. It resulted in audiences hating all the characters and not watching the show. They took the wrong lessons.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2019, 01:52:28 AM »
Re: Holiday.  You'd think that after all the various problems that resulted from getting too close to alien tech without understanding how it operated, the SG1 crew would exercise a little caution in future episodes, but no.  I am reminded of a Max Fleischer cartoon with Koko the clown, "Earth Control." 

Link below.  This neatly sums up most episodes of SG1, except there's no Koko the Clown to rein them in.  It's all dog imp with this show.  Got a lever and you don't know what it might do?  Let's pull it and see what happens!  We have 60 whole minutes to solve whatever trouble ensues.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 09:55:59 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2019, 05:12:06 PM »
"O'Neill: Alright, describe for me the dress your sister wore last week when I took her out.
Jackson: I don't have a sister, Jack, and if I did, I wouldn't let you near her.
Hammond: Okay, let's assume you are Daniel Jackson. Then who the hell did we send home?"

You have to admit that's a great exchange.

I think for the most part, SG-1 doesn't TRY to find the horrible planet of wasps the size of a hubcap, but thems the breaks when you're exploring the unknown.

Ma'chello (Again with the apostrophes!) and Dr. Jackson are both played by Michael Shanks. So is Thor - Supreme commander of the Asgard.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2019, 11:45:31 PM »
That was pretty funny, as was the switch in bodies from one character to the next.  Didn't know that about Michael Shanks playing the different characters.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2019, 08:06:03 PM »
They did a pretty good job on the age makeup, but the voice was just him doing cranky old man. There's an upcoming episode where thor tries to share an asgard meal with Carter, I think you'll like that one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2019, 02:55:23 AM »
I've just moved to season 3, so I guess I should get to that thread.

Who knew the Gou'ald didn't like being cryogenically frozen?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2019, 04:27:14 AM »
I'm on season 6 now, while cryogenics pop up occasionally, I can't remember any snakes being frozen. Canopic jars with magic space suspension fluid, sure, but cryogenics? You'd have to refresh my memory.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2019, 09:44:25 AM »
It's funny, they start an episode at the end of Season 2 that is only resolved at the beginning of Season 3.  Taken prisoner by Hathor, the 3 SG1 non Jaffa members are cryogenically frozen only to be thawed out, told separately that the others were dead, and then when they come to and try to escape evil redheaded Hathor of the "did you ever shoot up eyeliner beautiful" fame tells them one will become a host.  She sports a particularly annoying but spiffy looking snakey thing.  The props dept must have really worked on it because it got a good deal of screen time before they inexplicably stick O'Neill back into the cryogenic box to throw the snake at him, who, to the delight of the film crew, simply disappears behind his neck.  Hathor who is of course evil evil woman rejoices that now he'll be her slave and soon kill his friends at her command.

He is saved by a Takor or whatever the resistance is called by putting him back into the frozen state which kills the snakey guy before the meld is complete.  Yay!  The General goes to Tealc' home planet and they go save everyone.  Ta da!

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2019, 08:55:32 PM »
Yeah, stargate does have that habit of ending at the middle half of a story.