Author Topic: I broke reddit (for five seconds)  (Read 6203 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
I broke reddit (for five seconds)
« on: September 21, 2019, 01:22:51 PM »
Doesn't even show up now, but HOLY poo did it ever.

It was an Am I the bottom thread, about shared cookware. I shared the fact that I've been living with bent up cookware for over 20 years. Specifically because I figured it was too complicated to fix.

The screenshotz:

https://imgur.com/a/ZS3BqEI

This fool is called, either a SEX BOLT, or a CHICAGO SCREW.  No way in HELL am I asking for either in a store.

Most people are asking why I didn't evict the guy sooner.

… He was nice? I mean if I knew he was gonna golly with the cookware, he wouldn't have moved in?

okay, reddit is still freaking out over this.  I now have acceptable names. Sleeve nut or Barrel nut.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 01:50:31 PM by 8ullfrog »

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: I broke reddit (for five seconds)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 10:17:30 AM »
If it's M4 you could probably get some straightforward Inter screws (connector bolts) for cupboards or locks and cut one down. They are like 20 pence each here.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 09:03:18 PM »
What is it with all these odd suggestive names for connective hardware?  I like to rescue old vintage lamps from time to time, taking pains to rewire them and insure that the parts are securely fastened.  There's one item known as a "lamp nipple."  What's up with that?

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 10:19:05 AM »
Dirty minded people? I did eventually find non-sexual names for those screws, but I'm not exactly out canvasing for them. I've been using that cookware for about 20 years now, so it's not exactly urgent. Just an anecdote for a "I took all the pots and pans away from my degenerate roommates" post on reddit.

They locked it. :(

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 10:52:34 AM »
To be fair, it's exacerbated by the tendency to apply names for hardware to various aspects of sexual congress, to wit: "screw."  So it's not exactly a one way practice.