Author Topic: Sauced & Loaded Fries : Nov 2019  (Read 2803 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Sauced & Loaded Fries : Nov 2019
« on: November 09, 2019, 01:53:14 AM »
I intended to make this a review of the beyond burger, but Jack in the Box was closer than Carl's Jr.

Specifically, I made my mom a meatball sub for dinner. She loved it, but I think those meatballs taste like farts smell. So she can have the fartballs.

Instead, while we were walking the dog, I dipped into JBox, and picked up the two current fry offerings. Bacon & Cheddar, and Steak & Parm.

During the walk, I ate the Bacon & Cheddar fries. They were disappointing. Essentially bacon bits over curly fries, and I honestly did not notice any cheddar. Perhaps it was smothered with the UNADVERTISED ranch sauce.

I am an enemy of Ranch. If I have to have it on a salad, I will not make a scene, but personally, I consider Ranch Dressing to be an abomination.

There are exactly TWO notes on which I would recommend this dish. First, it is on curly fries, and curly fries are fantastic. Second, the container. A few years back, Jbox tried to sell Garlic Cholula fries, and they used "boats" a fast food container that is a bit longer than a standard takeout box. They then turned this boat into a coffin. The fries were good, and Jbox were stupid to relegate the menu item to promotional. That's pretty much the only thing that drags me into Jbox, but they really had something special with the cholula fries.

Anyway, what dragged me in on this one was that several nights, the parking lot has smelled of bacon and French fries. A siren song if I've ever smelled one. The result obviously did not live up to the hype.

STEAK & PARM.

I get why they say PARM instead of parmesan. The cheese on these fries is not worthy of the name.

Honestly, if you slit open a philly steak & Cheese hot pocket, and dumped it on some curly fries... It would be the same bless'ed menu item. I got sick from eating this.

It's as if I had drank wallpaper paste. I leave the rest to your imagination. DO NOT BUY THIS FOOD ITEM. The Steak & Parm Sauced & Loaded Fries should be considered a weapon only for use against our enemies.

I'm still mad.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Sauced & Loaded Fries : Nov 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 03:24:24 AM »
I'm in little danger of buying these, but thanks just the same.  Beyond Burger is ok.  We prefer Quorn.   I think you said you didn't like it.

Anyway, curly fries are great, but I prefer them dipped into A-1 sauce.  Lacking that, ketchup will do.  Or maybe salt & vinegar.  A friend of mine once told me I had a potato deficiency.  I love fries and potato chips.  I doubt they are ideal diet food, but potatoes are delicious in all their myriad forms.  What you ladle over them is up to you, but I like them simple.