Author Topic: Favorite youtube instructional videos  (Read 4209 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Favorite youtube instructional videos
« on: May 21, 2020, 09:56:16 AM »
Please post your favorite instructional videos here.

This one, comparing two fuel additives, intended to de-gunk your cylinders, valves, fuel injectors, while increasing compression, is really entertaining.  The guy's accent and the dramatic music add to the entertainment value.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:59:16 AM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
Re: Favorite youtube instructional videos
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 03:44:40 AM »
Let's not forget that, if injected, will cure coronavirus.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 10:02:51 AM »
This guy is great for instructive videos about Indian cooking.  This recipe has become a favorite.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 07:16:07 AM »
I took a walk with a friend Sat. afternoon & someone put a Bose Wave Radio/CD player on the curb for the taking.  I brought it home and cleaned it up.  The clock radio functions work, but not the CD.  The CD unit looks modular, as if it could be swapped out relatively easily, so I've been watching various videos to get a sense of how hard that would be.

I need to find the right component for the model, but can't imagine that it would be that difficult.  Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?

This guy was pretty entertaining.  I'm intrigued by the ease with which he takes the thing apart, the pristine, beautiful enclosure, breached to reveal a few gut components that can be tested, with transistors or other components swapped out and soldered in place. 
This one (below) is more likely to be related to my repair.  When I was in college, I had a friend who used to repair electronics. He taught me to read the schematic diagrams so that I could distinguish transistors from diodes, resistors (including rheostats/variable ones), switches, etc., but I never followed up on it.  Still, I'm kind of intrigued by the idea that checking the laser and adjusting a diode might get this cd rom to work again.  Failing that, if I can get another unit, it's probably just plugged in and screwed into place.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyoM7m65kfk&t=466s
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:11:18 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 07:43:00 AM »
this helped me out of a hole, and they are bloody tight. Never tell you where to hide the meat and two veg though  :-\