General Category > General Discussion

Furlough

(1/5) > >>

goldshirt*9:
So this is the last week of furlough.
Was offered 2 weeks off to help the company, so I took it.
I could get used to this "not going work malarkey"

6pairsofshoes:
I assume you are doing this without pay?  It's nice to not have someone telling you what to do, but I can't stand not to be busy, so I'm always coming up with something to do.  How are you spending your time?  Are you puttering around the house?  Or catching up on some tv?

smokester:

--- Quote from: 6pairsofshoes on November 24, 2020, 06:10:18 AM ---I assume you are doing this without pay?  It's nice to not have someone telling you what to do, but I can't stand not to be busy, so I'm always coming up with something to do.  How are you spending your time?  Are you puttering around the house?  Or catching up on some tv?

--- End quote ---

Originally everyone was getting 80% of their wage but that was only until October. I think it went down to 60% in the second furlough period. It also sounds like the 2 week gesture may be unpaid.

goldshirt*9:

--- Quote from: 6pairsofshoes on November 24, 2020, 06:10:18 AM ---I assume you are doing this without pay?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: smokester on November 24, 2020, 04:01:41 PM ---It also sounds like the 2 week gesture may be unpaid.

--- End quote ---

I'm daft, not stupid nor rich,  ;D ;D
I get paid 80% as per law and was asked and agreed to do 2 weeks only, as post December when they ask again, I can state I have done my bit to help a company who struggle to get work.
We are owned by Pcc and who is owned by Warren Buffett (net worth 85.9 billion USD).

dandrummerman:

--- Quote from: goldshirt*9 on November 24, 2020, 11:15:32 PM ---We are owned by Pcc and who is owned by Warren Buffett (net worth 85.9 billion USD).

--- End quote ---

Now if only he could furlough himself,  that'd probably help the company survive a bit easier than 20% of your pay.

I am fortunate enough to not have been furloughed myself at all during the pandemic,  in fact i was just handed a 25$ grocery gift card by my boss for Thanksgiving (he does that yearly anyway).

Perhaps most people know what you do, but i don't.  What kind of work do you do?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version