General Category > Chaos

Insane Saga of New Dog.

<< < (2/5) > >>

smokester:
Ahh, the pitter patter of tiny morsels of food being strewn about.

8ullfrog:
Today was the pill saga.

He's being treated for crystals in his urine, and my urge to kill the transporter is rising. Getting the dog to... go is difficult. He does enjoy walking though.

So the morning pill, he fought me tooth and nail, literal. He has one small tooth on the upper right side, and he kept pushing the pill out through there until I had to hold his muzzle shut, which he of course loved. (untrue.)

'Bout 10 hours later, it's time for night pill, and he gobbles it down like it's steak. Ravenously. Weird thing? Same pill. Just an AM/PM cycle.

Other things I learned today.

He doesn't like peanut butter
He will turn his nose up at meat, which I have NEVER seen a dog do, unless it is torn into small pieces. (I used sandwich turkey)
He wants to sit in the middle, wherever he sits. This makes sharing a space with him difficult, but he ended up turning a bag of laundry into a bed.
On one hand, I can't put my clean laundry away. On the other hand, it's completely adorable and he is behaving himself.

Might swap the clothes out for a pillow, see if he still considers it his throne. (I use pillowcases for laundry bags, so this shouldn't be too difficult.)

6pairsofshoes:
That sounds like a funny and curious dog.  I'm glad you are having fun with him.

smokester:
Since all the lockdown concept, just about everyone I know has bought a dog. Even now I'm finding more people becoming dog owners for the first time and I think it's because it legitimises going out if you're pinged to quarantine.

goldshirt*9:
joy of becoming a dog owner
the joys and laughs do out weight the interesting times  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version