General Category > Food and Drink

Pringles Moa Burger

(1/3) > >>

8ullfrog:
I'm a sucker for de-fictionalization. I even bought a health potion from Final Fantasy 7.

So when I heard that Pringles made a halo chip based on an extinct bird, I was excited.

Having consumed them, I am less excited.

Several years back they changed something about the mix on the pringles, giving them a mealy texture when you eat them that I find unpleasant. That change appears to be permanent.

The chips are "wavy" but they do warn you about that up front.

Finally, they pretty much taste like the existing BBQ pringles flavor, which I liked, but they added something that tastes like soy sauce.

Final verdict? They taste good, I'm not a fan of the texture, and I'm a huge sucker for targeted marketing.

They were cheap.

Beatrix:
Halo chip based on an extinct bird?
That's sucks the chips sucked

8ullfrog:
I mean, the Teriyaki flavor was nice, it's just the delivery vector sucked. First, the mushy modern pringle, and then the pointless ridging.

I wonder why they couldn't do an honest Teriyaki flavor. That's what it was.

It's weird, the 90's were a crazy time for chips, they tried all sorts of weird crap. I remember particularly liking taco bell doritos.

6pairsofshoes:
There's lots of good flavored chips here:  smoked ham; braised or roast chicken flavor; all super salty but tasty.  Most are French brands like Bret, but I was amazed that Lays also sells them here in the French grocery chains.  I don't remember seeing Lays flavored chips in the US, beyond the usual barbeque or salt & vinegar.  Maybe you can enlighten me on this as I'm not a U.S. chip expert.  I do love Utz, but they're a Pennsylvania brand not usually available on the West Coast.

smokester:

--- Quote from: christ on August 24, 2021, 07:30:33 AM ---One of our crisp manufacturers does something similar from time to time: they spent a bunch advertising "hedgehog" flavour for a while.

Whilst on the subject of "flavours", it always amuses me that beef flavour crisps are suitable for vegetarians (and sometimes vegans). What would a veggie want with beef flavour?

--- End quote ---

Sometimes it's nice to roll with the grown-ups.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version